About the role
The Scouts Australia NSW Board of Directors invites suitable candidates to apply for three (3) Non-Executive Director roles.
As part of a worldwide organisation, Scouts Australia NSW engages and inspires young Australians to develop confidence, resilience and leadership.
The mission of Scouting is to contribute to the education of young people, through a value system based on the Scout Promise and Law, to help build a better world where people are self-fulfilling as individuals and play a constructive role in society.
The Board comprises twelve (12) people of whom six (6) are Ex Officio Directors and six (6) are Non-Executive Directors. Three (3) Non-Executive Director positions on the Board of Directors are to be filled at the Scouts NSW AGM on 18 July 2020.
Non-Executive Directors should be nominated on the basis of appropriate qualifications, experience and skills. AICD qualifications or equivalent will be highly regarded.
Board Members are not remunerated by Scouts NSW.
In order to provide an appropriate mix of skills across the Board membership, candidates with the appropriate experience and skills are being sought for the following positions in 2020:
- Finance (Honorary Treasurer)
- Government Relations and Corporate Affairs
- Corporate Governance and Strategy
Candidates must be aged 18 years or older and be eligible to apply for a current Working With Children Check. Board Members are required to sign a Director’s letter that recognises their commitment to the values and ideals of Scouting, including the Scout Law and Promise. Directors are also required to abide by the Code of Conduct and Code of Ethics for Adults in Scouting.
Competencies, Duties and Obligations
Director core competencies are:
- Financial Acumen
- Risk Management mindset
- Strategic and flexible thinker
- Knowledge of Governance
- Interpersonal and communication skills
- Collaborative approach
- Independence of mind
- Appreciation of the values of Scouting
As a Director you will be expected to:
- Understand your legal duties and responsibilities under the Corporations Act, 2001
- Be accountable for your performance and conduct as a member of the Board
- Actively support the strategic direction and priorities of the Chief Commissioner and Scouts NSW
To Apply for the Non-Executive Positions
- Download the Non-Executive Nomination Pack here.
- Complete the on-line nomination form here and upload supporting documents.
Nominations for Non – Executive Directors close at 5 pm on Monday 18 May 2020.
Nominations received after this time will not be considered.
To view the full webpage click here.
Any questions can be directed to the CEO’s office at Scouts NSW at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 02 9735 9000.
About the organisation
How to apply
For details concerning this role , please contact
Phone : 02 9735 9000
Email : email@example.com
Please quote in application: Non-Executive Director via Pro Bono Australia.