About the role
The Scouts Australia NSW Board of Directors invites suitable candidates to apply for one (1) vacant Non-Executive Director position on the Board to be filled following the Board resolution to fill the casual vacancy of Honorary Treasurer.
As part of a worldwide organisation, Scouts NSW engages and inspires young Australians to develop confidence, resilience and leadership.
The mission of Scouting is to contribute to the education of young people, through a value system based on the Scout Promise and Law, to help build a better world where people are self-fulfilling as individuals and play a constructive role in society.
Candidates must be aged 18 years or older and be eligible to apply for a current Working With Children Check. Board Directors are required to sign a Director’s letter that recognises their commitment to the values and ideals of Scouting, including the Scout Law and Promise. Directors are also required to abide by the Code of Conduct and Code of Ethics for Adults in Scouting.
Competencies, Duties and Obligations
Director core competencies are:
- Financial Acumen
- Risk Management mindset
- Strategic and flexible thinker
- Knowledge of Governance
- Interpersonal and communication skills
- Collaborative approach
- Independence of mind
- Appreciation of the values of Scouting
As a Director you will be expected to:
- Understand your legal duties and responsibilities under the Corporations Act, 2001
- Be accountable for your performance and conduct as a Board Director
- Actively support the strategic direction and priorities of the Chief Commissioner and Scouts NSW
- Attend Board meetings on a monthly basis and at other times as required
- to have read all the relevant Board Papers leading up to each meeting and to actively contribute at meetings.
The Non–Executive Position
The Board comprises twelve (12) people of whom six (6) are Ex Officio Directors and six (6) are Non-Executive Directors. In accordance with the Constitution of The Scout Association of Australia NSW Branch (Scouts NSW), the Board of Directors (Board) has the authority and responsibility to manage the business of Scouts NSW.
In order to provide an appropriate mix of skills across the Board membership, candidates with the appropriate experience and skills are being sought for the following position:
- Finance (Honorary Treasurer)
Non-Executive Directors should be nominated on the basis of appropriate qualifications, experience and skills. AICD qualifications or equivalent will be highly regarded. Board Members are not remunerated by Scouts NSW.
The term of the casual vacancy appointment will be until the Scouts NSW Annual General Meeting to be held on 18 July 2020, where an appointment for a three (3) year period will be announced following the finalisation of the 2020 Election of Directors.
- Download the Non-Executive Nomination Pack here.
- Complete the on-line nomination form here and upload supporting documents.
Nominations close at 5 pm on Monday 24 February 2020. Nominations received after this time will not be considered.
Any questions can be directed to the CEO’s office at Scouts NSW at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 02 9735 9000.
About the organisation
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this volunteering opportunity.
Please quote in application: Non-Executive Director - Honorary Treasurer via Pro Bono Australia.