About the role
Seaside Scavenge is a registered non-profit organisation with DGR status.
In 5 years the Scavenge has grown from a small idea of connecting unaware people with litter in their waterways into a financially viable NGO. The Scavenge events have empowered over 7,546 (majority aged 25-34yrs) in 46 communities across Australia to remove 13.4 tonnes of litter and 196,766 cigarette butts as well as engage 498 local businesses to become waste-wise.
We are on a mission to inspire Australians to reimagine rubbish as a resource.
Currently, searching for a passionate, reliable and experienced individual to join the team as Chair and take Seaside Scavenge from a local NGO to a nationally recognised organisation mobilising communities to become active citizens.
- Creates and maintains strong board governance – contributes to culture of respect, facilitates succession planning and execution, oversees yearly evaluation and review of CEO and all board members;
- Capacity to network and fundraise for the organisation;
- Prepares agenda, convenes and guides board meetings strategic focus;
- Encourages deliberation by all board members on priority matters such as the organisation’s responsibility as employer and risk manager;
- Comfortable liaison between board – CEO, members and management.
Chair Attributes and Skills:
- Inspirational leadership
- Being respectful, yet candid and decisive in facilitating board reviews, evaluations and succession planning;
- Open and engaging interpersonal skills to communicate effectively;
- Fostering a stimulating and challenging boardroom environment that leads the board to making a decision in a timely manner;
- Commercial astuteness – demonstrates good business instinct and acumen;
- Engaged commitment – exhibits genuine interest in organisation.
TO APPLY: Email acting Chair – Ben Kennedy at firstname.lastname@example.org by COB Friday, July 31st 2020 with subject line ‘EOI Chair Position’ and attach:
- Cover letter detailing your passion for becoming the Scavenge Chair (1 page)
- Resume addressing above & listing relevant board/chair experience (2 pages)
About the organisation
How to apply
For details concerning this role , please contact
Email : email@example.com
Please quote in application: Non-Profit Board Chair via Pro Bono Australia.