About the role
Project Didi Australia is a small, volunteer-run, ACNC-registered charity, looking for a community-minded auditor to audit our 2020/21 financial statements. Our accounts are very simple; we estimate the audit should take about 6 hours over 3-4 weeks during September / October 2021.
- We raise about $40k funds per year, which is mainly provided as grant funding to our partner organisation in Nepal
- We have minimal expenses, and no payroll as we are completely volunteer-run
- We use a cloud-based accounting system (Wave) on a cash accounting basis
- We have strong record-keeping, and all supporting documents are saved online in google drives.
- Our 2019/20 accounts have been audited.
- Our Treasurer and Secretary are accountants and will prepare audit schedules in advance to reduce the time required by for the audit
About the organisation
Project Didi Australia is committed to restoring hope, dignity and independence to women and girls in Nepal exposed to trafficking and gender-based violence, through trauma-informed care, family strengthening and reintegration, education and pathways to employment.
We partner with a local organisation providing family based care, education and counselling to support women and girls affected by violence and trafficking to rebuild and reintegrate in the community.
We provide Australians with the opportunity to for responsible, targeted and sustainable engagement to build strong futures for women and girls, and support advocacy campaigns calling on corporates to do more to end human trafficking.
We are run by a dedicated and enthuiastic group of volunteers across Australia.
How to apply
Please apply online, attaching a brief summary of your professional qualifications and experience. Please feel free to contact Alison at email@example.com with any questions.
Please quote in application: Pro-bono Auditor via Pro Bono Australia.