About the role
- Oversee the financial affairs of the organisation and ensure they are legal, constitutional and within accepted accounting practice.
- Ensure proper records are kept and that effective financial procedures are in place.
- Monitor and report on the financial health of the organisation.
- Oversee the production of necessary financial reports/returns, accounts and audits.
- Liaise with relevant staff, committee members and/or volunteers to ensure the financial viability of the organisation.
- Make fellow committee members aware of their financial obligations and take a lead in interpreting financial data to them.
- Regularly report the financial position at committee meetings
- Oversee the production of an annual budget and propose its adoption at the last meeting of the previous financial year.
- Ensure proper records are kept and that effective financial procedures and controls are in place
- A personal lived experience of mental distress, social issues or injustice or caring for someone with these experiences
- Knowledge and experience of current and fundraising finance practice relevant to voluntary and community organisations.
- Knowledge of bookkeeping and financial management (as necessary).
- Good financial analysis skills.
- Ability to communicate clearly
About the organisation
The SA Lived Experience Leadership & Advocacy Network (LELAN) is by, for and with people with personal lived experience (consumers) and values the support of carers, allies and other people and organisations who join us in making a difference for how mental health issues are understood and supported in South Australia
We amplify the voice, influence and leadership of people with lived experience to drive change
We hold space, where lived experience is the heart of our work, so that people develop skills, gain knowledge and share experiences
We bring people with lived experience together, creating an advocacy platform for collective systemic impact
How to apply
The successful nominee and applicant for Treasurer will need to be a current member of LELAN. Details here: https://www.lelan.org.au/membership/
ALL enquiries to LELAN Secretary, Rebecca Langman at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please quote in application: Treasurer - Lived Experience Leadership & Advocacy Network LELAN via Pro Bono Australia.