About the Role
Are you social media savvy and a fierce advocate for the rights of women and girls?
Join the Project Didi Australia team!
Project Didi Australia is committed to building meaningful futures for women and girls affected by sex trafficking and abuse, through targeted holistic care, education and income generation training.
Why should you apply?
You will play a key role in communicating the why of our work and engaging Australian and international audiences with issues of gender-based violence, equality and education.
You’ll have the opportunity to explore topics that you’re passionate about while developing your skills in writing, marketing and public relations.
You’ll gain experience in the international development sector, working for a growing and dynamic organisation.
You’ll have flexibility and creative license, working with our team remotely.
What will you do?
We believe you do your best work when you are excited by what you’re doing. So here’s just a couple of projects the role might cover but we’re always keen to hear fresh ideas on growing our communications and outreach!
- Manage Project Didi’s Facebook and Twitter and maintain Project Didi’s website;
- Work on the 2019 #SomethingForSlavery campaign to inspire action to end slavery;
- Organise events and outreach campaigns to engage diverse communities in Project Didi’s work;
- Assist with marketing and promotion for Project Didi events and trips to Nepal;
- Assist with content development for Project Didi’s newsletter; and
- Evaluate and improve our communication and outreach strategies.
Who are we after?
- An advocate for the rights of women and girls.
- A stellar writer and a stickler for grammar with a good eye for detail.
- Plugged into all things social media.
- Aware of the principles of child protection and the power of language and image, particularly when sharing the stories of women and girls.
- Good at staying motivated when working remotely and independently.
It would be great if you had experience in (desirable, but not essential):
- Managing social media platforms.
- Public relations and/or marketing (e.g. writing media releases).
- Running fundraising campaigns.
- Website design and SEO.
This is a 6 month remote voluntary role that requires a commitment of approximately 4-5 hours of work a week. You may choose how you distribute these hours over the week but must be available to Skype with our Programs Manager fortnightly.
How do you apply?
Applications close 9am AEST, Monday 27 May.
If you need any adjustments made to complete the application process or would like to discuss the role, please contact our Programs Manager, Clare, at email@example.com or via WhatsApp on +614 04 285 311.
We are strengthened by the diversity of our team at Project Didi Australia. We welcome applications from people of all cultures, backgrounds and experiences, and are committed to providing reasonable adjustments so that all team members are able to fulfill the essential functions of their roles.
About the Organisation
Apply for this Position
For details concerning this role , please contact
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Please quote in application: Volunteer Communications & Engagement Officer via Pro Bono Australia.