About the Role
The Volunteer Fundraising Officer role is responsible for providing support for marketing and digital media communications and organising events to promote the fundraising efforts of uni 2 beyond. The position involves supporting the uni 2 beyond team in all aspects of fundraising including website and database management, social media, organising events and preparing marketing collateral.
This is a wonderful opportunity for a person who is passionate about social inclusion to make a difference in the lives of people with disability and at the same time hone your fundraising and marketing/promotions skills in a practical real-world environment.
This is a voluntary position of approximately 1 day per week with no expectations of becoming an ongoing role or paid role. The activities may be shared amongst a two volunteers. Timing and duration of position can be flexible to fit in with your other commitments.
Background to uni 2 beyond
uni 2 beyond (u2b) is an award-winning social inclusion education initiative of the Centre for Disability Studies (CDS), an affiliate of The University of Sydney.
u2b empowers students with intellectual disability to participate in a unique tertiary education experience at The University of Sydney through attending units of study of their interest and engagement with university student peers.
We are seeking to form partner relationships with organisations to build on our success by growing the initiative through either financial or in-kind support.
This Volunteer Fundraising Officer role will play an important part in the continued growth and expansion of the u2b initiative.
The Volunteer Fundraising Officer role reports to the Co-Leader, Education and Training of CDS.
• uni 2 beyond students & parents
• CDS Board
• uni 2 beyond Foundation
• Corporate Sponsors and Partners
• Individual sponsors and supporters
• University student mentors and supporters
Duties & Responsibilities
The role could encompass the following, depending on your skills, experience and interests:
• Develop a CRM database of u2b stakeholder groups by audience type
• Develop and collate content for a quarterly e-newsletter
• Supporting website management including:
o Uploading articles, news, resources and links
o Contact/email responses to enquiries
o Quarterly review of content and recommendations for improvement
• Social Media
o Regular liking & sharing of content
o Build communities of supporters
o Create social media calendar to promote events & special dates
• Events – assist organising events including invitations, RSVPs, name tags and onsite support for:
o Student mid-year & end of year events
o Social and corporate events
• Source PR and speaking opportunities
• Brand – assist with the development of brand messages
• Promotional/ Marketing Collateral – create brochures, flyers, video content
Skills and Experience required:
• A passion and interest in social inclusion
• High level interpersonal skills with strong verbal and written communications
• Knowledge and some practical experience in fundraising, marketing and promotions
• Preferably basic graphic design skills and/or the ability to think creatively
• A good organiser with attention to detail and enjoys working collaboratively
• Website and database management experience
• Basic Excel
What are you waiting for? We need your skills and enthusiasm! If you need more information, please contact Friederike Gadow, Co-Leader Education and Training on 9036 3611 or at email@example.com, or firstname.lastname@example.org . We are happy to answer your questions.
About the Organisation
Apply for this Position
For details concerning this role , please contact
Phone : 0290363611
Email : email@example.com
Please quote in application: VOLUNTEER FUNDRAISING OFFICER via Pro Bono Australia.