About the Role
The CWA of Victoria Inc. is a highly respected not for profit women’s organisation. We are rapidly growing and take pride in an organisation which is focused and works hard; however we also promote a supportive culture with good work-life balance.
As Executive Director you are responsible for the development, management and performance of the organisation for its members and the Victorian community. As an experienced Leader with strong feminist values and an excellent track record in managing and growing a member driven organisation strategically through strong partnerships and new concepts, you will have the benefit of working with a motivated and experienced board for continued growth and success.
Your experience will enable you to:
- Work with the Board to implement and achieve the strategic plan
- Provide high level leadership to a team of professional staff in a complex environment
- Lead the organisation through lobbying, advocacy, business development, networking and promotion of its social objectives to improve the lives of women and children
- Lead all aspects of the organisation with a focus on member support
- Exercise stewardship of all business functions including HR & People Leadership, Compliance, Business Systems, Risk & OHS
Your skills and knowledge:
Values oriented and working to outcomes with a commitment to the rights of women and children
Relevant tertiary qualifications in management and social sciences or women’s studies and experience in managing a membership organisation and/or related fields
Extensive experience in executive management.
Experience in strategic planning and building business to ensure sustainability
Innovative and entrepreneurial skills with a passion for growing a business with a particular focus on partnerships and other organisations
High level skills in advocacy, public policy and representing The CWA of Vic to federal and state and local government bodies as well as kindred organisations
Experience in governance and the management of not for profit organisations.
About the Organisation
Apply for this Job
To request a full position description and application details please email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications will close on 5 February 2017.
Please quote in application: Executive Director via Pro Bono Australia.