About the Role
- Increase funding for dementia research
- Newly created position with progressive national peak body for dementia
- Full time 12 month contract with potential for permanency – based in North Ryde
As Fundraising Executive, Research, you will work within the Dementia Australia fundraising team to generate income for medical research and ensure the integration of the latest research information into all fundraising programs.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Dealing with all matters relating to fundraising for medical research
- Ensuring research information is included in all relevant communications
- Highlighting opportunities to donors to engage with and support research
- Investigating and pitching new initiatives to increase funding for research
- Nurturing relationships with individual donors, community and corporate fundraisers
- Presenting and speaking at a range of community and fundraising events to promote dementia research developments
Benefits & Culture
- A flexible and supportive work environment
- Attractive staff benefits and salary packaging
- Onsite all day parking
You have previous experience in a fundraising, sales or customer focused style role and demonstrate highly effective communication and stakeholder engagement skills. You are confident, proactive and see opportunities where others don’t. You will also have:
- Well developed research, writing and content development skills
- Ability to understand and reproduce medical information in ‘lay’ terms for others to understand
- Track record in nurturing strong relationships with a variety of stakeholders
- Ability to identify and pitch new ideas
- Experience using Excel and ability to use design software such as Adobe
- Knowledge of fundraising, donor stewardship and experience working on events programs is advantageous
About the Organisation
Dementia Australia (previously known as Alzheimer's Australia) is the newly formed national peak body and leading Australian organisation representing people with dementia, their families and carers.
In Australia, over 413,000 people have dementia, with an alarming 244 new cases each day and dementia now the 2nd leading cause of death in the country.
Dementia Australia delivers support services, raises awareness, fundraises and facilitates research and education into the prevention, delay and cure of dementia.
Apply for this Job
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Fundraising Executive Research via Pro Bono Australia.