About the Role
Reporting to the Manager – Finance and Administration, the IT Officer will lead our in-house IT support, systems administration and venue operation.
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
To provide efficient and proactive IT/technical support.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
1. IT support and Systems Administration
- Administer and maintain internal servers and network devices
- Administer and support computers, databases and office software
- Administer Network Fileshare and Data Backup
- Provide IT/technical troubleshooting and support
- Administer and support PABX phone system
- Administer and support alarm system.
2. Equipment Maintenance and Support
- Oversee building maintenance
- Oversee equipment purchase and maintenance
- Oversee equipment hire
- Oversee venue technical set ups
- Liaise with staff re equipment use and hire
- Provide technical support to staff/contractors
- Provide equipment setup and support at I.C.E. events
- Manage Equipment Room and storage.
3. Strategic Planning
- Contribute to strategic planning regarding I.C.E. technical needs
- Research and provide IT purchasing recommendations.
4. Organisational Duties
- Ensure compliance with governmental and regulatory agencies, relevant laws, policies, contracts, insurance agreements, and Occupational Health & Safety.
- Develop/implement an annual work plan
- Act as Fire Warden
- Attend I.C.E. staff meetings
- Work flexible hours, including weekend work if required.
Candidates should address each of the following criteria, outlining their relevant experience and giving examples where relevant to illustrate their experience.
- Tertiary qualifications and/or equivalent IT industry experience
- Experience in macOS server and desktop administration, support and maintenance
- Experience in maintaining Fileserver /NAS
- Experience in diagnosing/troubleshooting network and internet-related technical problems
- Experience in Level 2-3 desktop support
- Experience in maintaining audio-visual production equipment
- Knowledge of website management and related technologies
- Experience in Cloud Database systems maintenance and workflow processes
- Attention to detail and well developed problem-solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal, team-building skills, time management skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and animated working environment
- Valid Working with Children accreditation
- Current driver’s license.
- Experience in working with culturally diverse communities
- Understanding of WH&S
- First Aid Certificate.
There is a three-month probationary period for this position. We encourage women and people from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander and culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
NB: Employment will be subject to:
- Valid working visa (where appropriate).
About the Organisation
I.C.E. is a community based arts organisation specialising in digital media, arts training/professional development, and creative enterprise.
Apply for this Job
For details concerning this role, please contact
Phone : 02 9897 5744
Email : email@example.com
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: IT Officer via Pro Bono Australia.