About the Role
- Permanent full time role within Melbourne’s most progressive housing and homelessness organisation.
- Excellent Southbank location, walking distance to Southern Cross station, trams, South Melbourne Market and cafes.
- $70,538 – $72,336 + Super
- Salary packaging benefits & additional leave
The Senior Finance Officer is responsible for managing the Financial Operations team in daily financial data processing in a high volume environment which includes Accounts Payable and
Ensure timely processing, correct coding and month end /financial year end closing timelines are met. Manage bank reconciliations, and other reconciliations to enable month end and year end close.
- Ensure timely processing, correct coding and month end/financial year end closing timelines are met.
- Manage bank reconciliations, and other reconciliations to enable month end and year end close
- Supervision of 3 Finance Operations staff
- Ensure a consistent and best-practice approach to financial management.
- Implement new finance operations initiatives
- Ensure accurate and current finance records are confidentially maintained
- Foster a culture of customer service within the Financial Operations team.
- Manage queries and customer service with suppliers, customers and staff
Key Selection Criteria:
- Minimum Accounting Degree and at least 5 years’ experience in a similar position.(CA or CPA desired)
- Demonstrated leadership skills and experience in managing staff.
- Strong analytical and decision-making skills including attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills and demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and effectively manage competing priorities.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong ERP accounting systems (preferably Techone) and Microsoft Excel skills.
About the Organisation
Launch Housing is an independent Melbourne based community organisation with an ambitious and singular mission - to end homelessness. To do this, we provide high quality housing, support, education and employment services to thousands of people across 14 sites in metropolitan Melbourne. We employ almost 400 staff.
Launch Housing was formed through the 2015 merger of Hanover Welfare Services and HomeGround Services, and we are driven by our values of Empowerment, Fresh Thinking, Agility, Leadership and Courage.
Apply for this Job
For more information about the role or the application process, please contact Ching Gee on 0437 869 548 or email@example.com
All applicants must have the right to work in Australia and will be required to complete a Working with Children check and Police checks. Launch Housing celebrates diversity and is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
To apply for this job go to: www.launchhousing.recruitmenthub.com.au & enter ref code: 3871652.
Please quote in application: Senior Finance Officer via Pro Bono Australia.