About the Role
This positions will work under minimal supervision to undertake regional leadership and coordination of activities as part of WorkAbility Qld.
This may include facilitating a regional NDIS workforce networks; high level stakeholder engagement and partnering activities; facilitating/supporting regional level strategic workforce planning processes and local level coordination, brokerage and/or delivery of a range of workforce strategies or projects.
The position will be required to engage and work collaboratively with other WorkAbility Qld local coordinators.
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
- Develop and support collaborative relationships and networks with stakeholders to strengthen project capabilities, represent the WorkAbility Qld consortia, and achieve project outcomes
- Undertake leadership and coordination of regional NDIS workforce networks that include a range of stakeholders. This may include establishing new networks or connecting with and growing existing ones
- Lead the implementation of a local workforce action plan that addresses identified priorities and is supported by local organisations
- Stakeholder engagement and partnership brokering across the skills ecosystem, including NDIS providers (and participants); education, training and employment providers; Government; and Business
- Coordination, brokerage and/or delivery of career promotion and new entrant engagement/attraction strategies
- Brokerage and/or delivery of workforce capability/skilling strategies.
- Contribute to statewide sector knowledge and project evaluation through information gathering and internal reporting
- Participate as a cooperative team member within the WorkAbility Qld consortia
- Other duties as required
- Demonstrated knowledge and a contemporary understanding of the disability (or community services) sector and the NDIS, or the ability to quickly gain this
- High level consultation, communication and interpersonal skills with the demonstrated ability to engage with internal and external stakeholders to achieve results
- A sound understanding of workforce development
- A sound understanding of employment, training and education systems would be desirable
- Demonstrated group facilitation skills
- Demonstrated experience in the planning and implementation of projects
- Ability to set priorities and achieve outcomes, with minimum supervision, within a project context
- Ability to work collaboratively within a team
- Computer Literacy, including Microsoft Office Suite
- Drivers licence and capacity to travel as needed within the region
About the Organisation
NDS is the national industry association for disability services, representing approximately 1,200 non-government service providers. Collectively, our members operate several thousand services for Australians with all types of disability. NDS’s members range in size from small support groups to large multi-service organisations, and are located in every State and Territory across Australia.
NDS promotes the full inclusion of people with disability and this commitment is outlined in our Disability Action Plan (DAP).
The National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) has commenced transition to full Scheme in Queensland and will be rolled out across the Greater South East Queensland area (Brisbane, Logan & Redlands, Sunshine Coast and Gold Coast) commencing July 2018.
Queensland is set to increase the disability sector’s workforce by up to 19,400 FTE jobs anticipated across the state between 2016 and 2019.
NDS is one of four partners working together to deliver the Queensland NGO NDIS Workforce Strategy, known as WorkAbility Qld. The aim of the project is to address workforce supply and capability issues of non-government organisations, to meet consumer need and demand under NDIS.
Apply for this Job
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: WorkAbility Qld Local Coordinator – Brisbane via Pro Bono Australia.