About the Role
- Senior leadership role in a values based organisation
- Attractive Salary Packaging
- Flexible working arrangements – full time or part time role
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced professional to lead internal communications and brand management for St Vincent’s Health Australia to support the organisation’s strategic objectives. Reporting to the Group General Manager, Public Affairs, the purpose of this position is to lead a team that provides a sought-after and coordinated service for SVHA leadership and network of hospitals and aged care facilities.
The role will develop and guide best-practice internal communication strategies to build staff engagement and commitment to SVHA Group objectives consistent with the Mission, Vision, and Values of SVHA and the SVHA Brand.
Specifically, this role will be responsible for:
- Development of an overarching corporate communications calendar and annual communications strategy.
- Overseeing Group-wide internal communication tools, processes, channels, plans and messages
- Partnering and supporting leaders to achieve desired engagement outcomes
- Providing expert and evidence-based communication advice and analysis that drives improved connection to the SVHA strategy.
- Sponsoring the development of aligned channels and processes across SVHA to improve effectiveness and reduce duplication, with a particular focus on deeper development of digital channels.
- Developing a sustained and reliable approach to measuring internal communication effectiveness across corporate channels.
- Working with the executive and project teams on major change initiatives to ensure ongoing staff engagement and effective communication to achieve project objectives.
- Supporting group advocacy and external communications through the development and gathering of supportive content.
To be successful in this role, you will hold relevant tertiary qualification in communications, media or journalism, and have management experience at senior level in a large complex organisation leading a strategic communications function. Additionally, you will have the following:
- Demonstrated experience in stakeholder management including capacity to engage and influence at a number of levels including advising senior executives on complex communications challenges.
- Extensive experience in leading major change initiatives and project management experience.
- Demonstrated experience in strengthening organisational culture
- Experienced in digital communication implementation and management.
In return, you will have the opportunity to be part of a dynamic team that actively drives and develops programs to support the Organisation’s performance. This position provides excellent scope for personal and professional development with wide exposure to various stakeholders across all SVHA divisions.
The working arrangements of the role are flexible, as it may be either full time or part time (across 4 or 5 days a week), and based in either the SVHA Sydney or Melbourne Group Office.
About the Organisation
St Vincent’s Health Australia (SVHA) is the nation’s largest Catholic not-for-profit health and aged care provider. Initially established in 1855 by the Sisters of Charity, SVHA is a clinical, research and education leader and operator of private hospitals, public hospitals and aged care services in New South Wales, Victoria and Queensland. We are proud to serve as a ministry of the Catholic Church in Australia under the stewardship of Mary Aikenhead Ministries.
Apply for this Job
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Group Manager, Internal Communications via Pro Bono Australia.