About the Role
Community Services #1 – Canberra ACT
Full Time (possibility of Part Time if efficiencies gained)
About the Role
The Management Accountant role is an integral part of our Leadership Team. The ideal candidate has a strong and dedicated work ethic, works well under pressure, is proactive, is a self-starter, and has strong communication skills with an approachable demeanour.
With three direct reports, the Management Accountant requires knowledge of not-for-profit organisations, leading and developing a customer-focused finance team, and the ability to quickly apply efficient and effective systems to balance strategic and operational priorities. The ideal candidate will be able to balance day-to-day ‘hands on’ responsibilities with assisting in strategic planning and business decision making.
• Monthly and annual management accounting & reporting
• Monthly forecasting and financial modelling
• Monthly and annual returns including GST, FBT,BAS and Government acquittals
• Annual budget preparation and training of managers
• Preparation of annual Financial Statements
• Coordination of external audits and preparation of financial statements
• Management of the payroll functions
• Contributing towards the effective daily business operations as a key member of the finance & customer support team
To be successful, you will:
• Have demonstrated equivalent Advanced Diploma or Bachelor qualifications in relevant fields such as Finance and Accounting, or equivalent work experience
• Have experience in a broad position where you have held responsibility for a full finance function and managed a team.
• Be comfortable working autonomously, but also have business priorities in mind at all times.
• Hold a current Driver Licence and ACT Working with Vulnerable People Card.
What will you be offered?
• Free car parking
• Remuneration starting from $75k to $78k + super, per annum and commensurate with level of experience (Social Community, Home Care and Disability Services Award Level 6)
• Attractive employee benefits, including PBI salary sacrificing
• A supportive workplace to enable our teams to flourish with respect, integrity and creativity.
About the Organisation
Community Services #1 exists to invest in our clients and our community. We seek out passionate and motivated people whose beliefs align with our Vision, Mission and Values to join our agile, fun, responsive and connected Organisation.
Apply for this Job
For details concerning this role, please contact
Phone : 02 6126 4736
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Management Accountant via Pro Bono Australia.