About the Role
- Leading union voice in campaigning for quality public education
- Strong stakeholder and partnership focused role
- Provide high level support to the Federal Secretary & the Federal President
In your role as Executive Officer, you will provide professional support to the Federal Secretary in assisting them to carry out the responsibilities of their role. Your focus will be on building and maintaining relationships with a broad range of stakeholder groups such as not for profit organisations, industry associations, government and other educational institutions.
Key responsibilities of the role will include;
- Identifying and analysing issues including the proposal of strategic solutions
- Preparation of reports, presentations and writing policy submissions
- External senior stakeholder management with key allies of the Union
- Administration of the AEU International Development Cooperation Program
- Responding to policy specific correspondence and preparation of briefs
- Editing AEU publications e.g. Australian Educator magazine
To be successful for this position, you will have extensive experience operating within an educational policy, advocacy or political environment. You have exceptional interpersonal skills with the ability to develop networks and collaborate with diverse range of external stakeholders.
With your high level of written and verbal communication skills, you are able to synthesise and edit a variety correspondence and communication.
Your exceptional organisational skills assist you in managing multiple priorities in an ever changing demanding environment. Candidates with previous experience working within a union or similar social change campaigning style organisation will be highly regarded.
Relevant tertiary qualifications are essential.
About the Organisation
The Australian Education Union (AEU) is the federal union for teachers, principals, support staff and all educators working in public education.
The AEU is proud to represent workers who have one of the most important jobs in the country. With over 185,000 members nationally, the AEU provides support both industrially and professionally and advocates for quality public education for all Australians.
Apply for this Job
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Executive Officer via Pro Bono Australia.