About the Role
This newly created position has been formed to identify and meet the educational needs of members. This position will be responsible for managing and developing diabetes education and management related eLearning resources, facilitating the endorsement of external educational activities, facilitate the accreditation of post graduate diabetes education courses delivered at a number of universities and support other educational activities.
Key responsibilities for the role include:
• Organise a schedule of eLearning activities including update of current programs
• Update and maintain the ADEA website and Moodle platform with new/available eLearning training programs
• Management of the Moodle learning management system
• Content development of educational programs
• Liaise with participants regarding course information and programs
• Liaise with the Endorsement Committee and Course Accreditation and Standards of Practice (CASP) Committee to assist in facilitation of these programs
• Prepare evaluation and activity reports
• Build strong relationships with external providers and identify opportunities to improve resources
• Pre-assessment of course accreditation and endorsement applications
• Development and coordination of eLearning projects
• Work closely with staff to ensure new eLearning developments are planned and integrated
• Troubleshooting user access and providing assistance to content providers
• Promote new and current educational programs to ADEA members and other health professionals where applicable
• Answer any education and eLearning enquiries via phone and email in a timely manner
Essential skills of the role include:
• Experience managing online education content
• Experience using a website database
• Qualifications in education
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• High level of interpersonal skills, ability to develop constructive relationships with a diverse range of stakeholders in an ethical manner
• Demonstrated attention to detail
• Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain electronic filing systems
• Strong project management and time management skills
• Strong trouble shooting skills
If you enjoy working autonomously in a small team environment, in an organisation with a strong supportive culture and with friendly colleagues and you have the skills required for the role, then apply today.
About the Organisation
The Australian Diabetes Educators Association (ADEA) is the national peak body representing health care professionals in diabetes education, management and care. We are also the regulatory body for Credentialled Diabetes Educators (CDEs).
The ADEA leads and advocates for best practice in diabetes education and care nationally. We are a national association based in Canberra. As a member organisation we provide leadership and support for health care professionals who practice within the specialty field of diabetes education and care. The majority of our membership are credentialled diabetes educators. More information can be found at our website www.adea.com.au.
Apply for this Job
For details concerning this role, please contact
Phone : 02 6287 4822
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Continuing Professional Development Officer via Pro Bono Australia.