About the Role
- Develop your philanthropy career with a growing world-class fundraising team
- Exciting opportunity to join with new fundraising campaign to launch shortly
- $91,755 – $99,306 + 17% super + annual leave loading
The 2025 Strategy is the driver to advancing UNSW’s ambitious philanthropic goal to build a world-class development and engagement team organisation.
UNSW Sydney is recruiting for a Development Officer, to work within the Law Faculty, who will proactively support the development of the UNSW Law donor pipeline and fundraising program. You will implement strategies to achieve philanthropic revenue targets, as well as manage a personal portfolio of approximately 100 prospects. Success is measured in terms of donor engagement, philanthropic income and portfolio progress (identification, cultivation, proposal, stewardship). Significant responsibilities include:
- Management of the UNSW Law Scholarships Portfolio including stewardship, cultivation and upgraded asks
- Building and maintaining relationships with alumni, donors, volunteers and friends of the faculty taking a high-level services approach
- Development and implementation of solicitation strategies for your personal portfolio of prospects focused on developing meaningful relationships resulting in philanthropic giving
- Preparation of gift acknowledgements, sponsorship agreements, project briefs, fundraising proposals and other various fundraising collateral for cultivation and stewardship purposes
- Keeping up to date records of all communications and fundraising information in the University’s contact management system in a timely and consistent fashion
- Working collaboratively with development colleagues and academic leaders to identify projects that require philanthropic support and deliver alumni/donor events
- Ability to work flexible hours including some nights and weekends
About the successful applicant
You are a self-driven and motivated fundraising and/or engagement professional, looking for the opportunity to utilise your skills in a world-class fundraising team, with access to the support, training and mentoring to progress your major donor fundraising career.
UNSW aspires to be the exemplar Australian university and employer of choice for people from diverse backgrounds. UNSW aims to ensure equality in recruitment, development, retention and promotion of staff, and that no-one is disadvantaged on the basis of their gender, cultural background, disability, sexual orientation or identity. We encourage everyone who meets the selection criteria to apply.
About the Organisation
At UNSW, we pride ourselves on being a workplace where the best people come to do their best work.
Philanthropy is critical to the success of the 2025 Strategy, UNSW's strategic plan that sets out the priorities and themes that will guide us over the next decade as we position ourselves as 'Australia's Global University'.
Beginning with the appointment of a new Vice-President, Philanthropy in February 2016 UNSW is committed to building a world-class fundraising and alumni engagement division that will advance UNSW's ambitious goals.
Our Development and International Development teams work closely with individuals, corporations, and foundations to help discover areas of interest and passion in an effort to raise philanthropic support for key university priorities.
Our Alumni and Engagement team fosters strong relations with alumni and friends of UNSW in an effort to encourage involvement in events, volunteering and activities around the university.
Our Operations Team ensures that all UNSW donors, alumni and friends receive a consistent and high standard of administrative services including managing stewardship collateral, the receipting of gifts and management of donor and sponsor paperwork.
Apply for this Job
For details concerning this role, please contact
Phone : 02 9385 2401
Email : email@example.com
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Development Officer – Law Faculty via Pro Bono Australia.