About the Role
- Enrich lives and benefit communities in a geographically diverse aged care environment
- Over 3500 residents and clients supported by 2100 staff across NSW and the ACT
- Suited to candidates with broad generalist HR experience and a collaborative approach
You will work collaboratively with the CEO and the executive team to enhance organisational capability, strengthen the connection of employees with SCC’s objectives and values, and achieve a culture of high engagement and performance across a technically diverse team. Your role will include:
- Leading human resources, training & development, WHS and change management functions
- Being a partner to line management, ensuring best practice HR, ER,OD and IR
- Continuing to build on existing talent management strategies
- Leading a team shortlisted two years running for ‘Best HR team over 1000 employees’
- Responsibility for ensuring compliance with industry standards and legislation
- Generous salary package including packaging, car or car allowance with onsite parking
- Professional development opportunities
- Progressive leadership team, high staff engagement level
You are currently a senior executive in a people and culture function and able to demonstrate expertise in delivering complex social human resource outcomes in a large and geographically diverse organisation. It’s crucial that you also have:
- A broad range of best practice HR management experience including succession planning
- A consultative and collaborative approach to initiatives and business partnering
- Demonstrated EBA and IR experience
- Exceptional team leadership and project management skills
- The ability to translate strategy into action
- A working knowledge of all relevant legislation
About the Organisation
Southern Cross Care NSW & ACT (SCC) provides a full spectrum of personalised services to empower older people in 31 residential aged care homes, 29 retirement community villages and also home-based care services throughout metropolitan Sydney, regional NSW and the ACT, leading to a geographically diverse workforce and client base.
SCC is passionate about providing a safe environment, high quality care and ensuring an organisational wide seamless experience for residents and their families as they traverse changing care needs.
In 2016 SCC embarked on a transformation which resulted in new and improved services, reduced bureaucracy and improved collaboration and knowledge sharing. The needs of employees were also prioritised with increased support, more workplace flexibility and career progression choices. SCC is invested in and proud of its dedicated staff.
Apply for this Job
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: General Manager, People and Culture via Pro Bono Australia.