About the Role
GetUp is looking for a Head of Campaigns to join the Executive team.
Salary is $115,600+ per annum (pro-rata) + superannuation, negotiable based upon relevant experience and qualifications. At GetUp, we are committed to making roles flexible. We encourage you to flag any preferences relating to flexible, part-time, or job share arrangements in your application.
This is a full time position based in Sydney or Melbourne.
At GetUp, we know our capacity to drive progressive change is increased when our team has a diversity of backgrounds and experience. We are always actively looking for applicants from a diverse range of genders, cultures, language groups, abilities, and experiences to apply.
Who is the Executive Team
The Executive Team is a team of senior directors from across the performance, engagement and impact divisions who report directly into the National Director. The Executive Team’s purpose is three-fold:
- To monitor progress and to assist the National Director to make decisions related to overarching political strategy, 2020 Vision, other high level strategy, and OKRs;
- To monitor progress and to assist the National Director to make decisions related to organisational resources;
- To consider longer term business development ideas and proposals and related work.
The Head of Campaigns will participate in executive decision-making, bringing them in on major campaign strategy decisions or resourcing pivots. They may also occasionally work to brief and advise the GetUp Board of Directors on major strategic plays.
GetUp’s Head of Campaigns will oversee our brilliant and committed Impact Campaigns Teams to:
- Deliver the right GetUp campaign mix to achieve our 2020 vision objectives;
- Manage GetUp’s Campaign Directors – a high-performance cohort of Australia’s best strategists, fundraisers and digital campaigners;
- Ensure GetUp campaigns work:
- achieves demonstrable social change outcomes;
- puts GetUp members and collective action at the heart of our theory of power and change;
- hits membership growth and engagement targets;
- hits ambitious fundraising and new donor targets;
- leads digital campaigning best practice, including innovatively combining online and offline campaign techniques;
- is informed by an anti-oppressive lens.
- Refine processes to bring the National Director into the development and implementation of campaign strategy;
- Make tough internal resourcing decisions to nimbly hit key impact, engagement and fundraising moments;
- Hit your individual fundraising targets, whilst judiciously managing the campaigns division budget to ensure member donations are spent for maximum impact;
- Ensure GetUp campaign comms are best in class, with a coherent multi-channel editorial line and empowering member-focused UX;
- Foster a strong culture of continual experimentation, evaluation, learning and growth;
- Work with the engagement division (tech, digital marketing and fundraising) to innovate bleeding edge campaign technology;
- Ensure GetUp campaigners are happy and working sustainably over the long term.
You will be someone who is:
- Passionate about growing and strengthening a movement of everyday people committed to creating change on a wide range of progressive issues;
- Experience in GetUp-style online campaigning, running crowd-funded fundraising campaigns and working in the media cycle;
- Talented campaign strategist with a proven track record of achieving demonstrable social change outcomes and an advanced understanding of the campaign cycle;
- Strong track record of hitting individual fundraising targets and managing a budget;
- Digitally-savvy communicator with exceptional persuasive writing skills;
- Strong track record as a trusted pair of hands with complex projects;
- Calm and resourceful prioritiser who thrives in a fast-paced work environment;
- ‘Level 5’ leader who can sustainably manage a high-performance team to success.
Bonus points for:
- Proven experience driving winning campaigns on different issues or in different environments;
- Track record of innovation in new digital campaign tactics and tools;
- Number of years served at the Executive Level of a like organisation;
- Sophisticated knowledge of Australian political system.
If even a couple of these criteria speak to you, you could be the perfect person for the job. Formal education, qualifications and extensive experience matter less to us than excellence, initiative and drive.
About the Organisation
The GetUp movement is powered by the values and hopes of one million members, movement partners and a central team of expert strategists. Together, we do whatever it takes to make extraordinary impact.
We focus our campaigns on the areas our members care about most in the fields of Environmental Justice, Human Rights, Economic Fairness and Democratic Integrity. From making sure hundreds of thousands of people are able to vote in elections, to successfully stopping major projects threatening the Great Barrier Reef, or securing billions of dollars in new funding for mental health – we have a decade-long history of taking on powerful interests, and winning.
GetUp is a fast paced, dynamic, highly rewarding workplace and is looking for an exceptionally driven, talented and politically engaged individual with a proven track record of effective digital campaign leadership to join the Executive.
Apply for this Job
For details concerning this role, please contact
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply, please click here to visit our website. Rather than writing a conventional cover letter, please answer the questions in the application form – making your answers snappy and engaging.
Please apply by 9 July 2018 at 12pm.
Please quote in application: Head of Campaigns (Executive) via Pro Bono Australia.