About the Role
About the Opportunity
The Resource Worker will support the Principal Strategic Advisor in the delivery of an effective regional integration strategy and action plan, while ensuring the involvement of the RFVP in the fast-paced reforms arising from the Royal Commission into Family Violence (RCFV) implementation outcomes and opportunities. This is an exciting role that requires curiosity, innovation and advocacy, with opportunities for influencing and shaping the role. The resource worker will support the delivery and implementation of distinct projects approved by the RFVP Executive Committee and research and critically analyse various reform matters and draft submission responses to government on behalf of the RFVP. There may also be an opportunity to represent the RFVP at regional and state-wide fora as required and to provide support at RFVP events. The Resource Worker will work in conjunction with the Principal Strategic Advisor to meet all planned outcomes of the 3-year RFVP plan and its annual action plans.
This position is a fixed term, part-time opportunity (0.6FTE) until June 2019.
Essential to your success will be:
• Tertiary qualification in a relevant discipline (e.g. Social Sciences)
• Demonstrate experience and skills in project management
• Sound knowledge and understanding of family violence issues, government policy and initiatives and the family violence sector.
• Demonstrated experience in the not-for-profit/ community services sector
• Highly developed written and verbal communication skills with excellent report writing skills and the ability to communicate effectively with a broad range of stakeholders.
• Strong relationship and partnership building skills.
• Demonstrated high-level competency with the Microsoft Office suite of programs, including Excel.
• Exceptional time management skills with the ability to prioritise workload whilst maintaining strong attention to detail.
• Demonstrated conceptual, analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Proven ability to function both independently and within a team environment
What We Offer
• Generous salary packaging benefits resulting in tax savings
• Excellent Professional Development opportunities including external training and workshops as well as EDVOS all staff training
• Health and wellbeing programs for all staff including weekly yoga classes, walk at work, bi-monthly staff shared lunch and birthday calendar
• Regular supervision and management support including access to EAP
• Internal committees (e.g. Innovation & Development and Quality and Safety) working groups to support staff’s interest and expertise (e.g. Diversity, Consumer Engagement, OHS, Children and Youth)
• A rewarding opportunity to be part of an organisation that is committed to improving quality of life for women and children experiencing family violence
EDVOS hours of operation are Monday to Friday from 9am until 8pm and Saturday from 9am until 5pm.
Salary for this position will be aligned with SCHADS Level 5 + 9.5% super.
About the Organisation
Eastern Domestic Violence Services (EDVOS) is a not-for-profit specialist family violence service in Melbourne’s eastern metropolitan region. We provide an integrated range of support and services to empower women and children who are responding to family violence. We operate within a human rights framework and our focus is on supporting the safety of women and children and the accountability of perpetrators. EDVOS is a member and the auspice agency of the Regional Family Violence Partnership (RFVP). RFVP is a partnership of organisations committed to working together to address family violence in the Inner and Outer Eastern Department of Health and Human Services areas. The goal of the RFVP is to build a system to support women and children’s safety and hold perpetrators of family violence accountable for their behaviour. RFVP brings together representation from the human services, health and justice sectors.
Apply for this Job
For details concerning this role, please contact
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Resource Worker – Regional Family Violence Partnership via Pro Bono Australia.