About the Role
- Work for a leading animal welfare charity
- Exciting opportunity to lead transformational change of information systems at RSPCA Victoria
- Burwood East location, full-time contract
RSPCA Victoria is undertaking a transformation of the business information systems that support the organisation, its operations and strategic direction.
We are recruiting a Project Manager who will be responsible for leading this project on a full-time fixed-term basis for an initial period of 12 months with a possibility for extension
Reporting to the Information Services Manager, the project manager will:
- Project manage all aspects of the project from project initiation to award of Tender.
- Determine the appropriate tender process for the project, establish project timelines and manage the associated risks.
- Lead the tender process, including defining the scope, specifying requirements and objectives for vendors, prepare tender documentation, receiving submissions and evaluation of tenders.
- Monitor and report on project performance, risks, and progress of the project against the approved project plan.
- Consult with relevant internal and external stakeholders who will be part of the tender process.
- Manage a project risk and issues register to ensure it is up to date including its interaction with the RSPCA Victoria Risk Register.
- Manage project meetings, including scheduling, minutes and action items.
- Implement an effective communication plan, to ensure organisational engagement with the project.
Skills & experience required
- You will have a proven track record of successfully delivering information systems projects, and have strong planning and organisation skills in order to oversee and manage all aspects.
- You will bring your project management expertise and strong change management ability to ensure effective implementation of projects and initiatives, and that they are delivered on time and within budget.
- You have the proven ability to prepare a variety of documentation including business cases, project plans, briefing notes, correspondence and reports with a high level of attention to detail. Hands-on experience in preparing RFP documents and evaluation of tender responses will be highly regarded.
- You have a tertiary qualification in a related discipline as well as formal project management certifications, for example, PMI’s PMP or PRINCE2 (desirable) supported by highly developed conceptual and analytical skills
- You have high-level knowledge and skills in planning, resource identification and deployment, task and activity monitoring, reporting and overall project delivery against defined objectives, methods and outcomes.
- You have knowledge of principles and processes for effectively engaging and managing internal and external stakeholders.
- Ideally, you will have experience working in a similar role in a not-for-profit organisation.
About the Organisation
RSPCA Victoria is a non-government, community-based, not-for-profit organisation whose vision is ‘ending cruelty to all animals’. We are Victoria’s best-known and most respected animal welfare organisation.
Our organisation’s purpose is to work with the community to achieve outstanding animal welfare through education, advocacy, and animal care and protection. RSPCA Victoria’s values - clarity and accountability, respect and consideration, and expertise and collaboration - set clear expectations for all our staff and volunteers.
Apply for this Job
Please note, the successful candidate will be required to participate in a national criminal history check as part of the recruitment process.
For more information about this opportunity, please visit the advertisement on our website at www.rspcavic.org and download the position description.
Click Apply Online to submit your application. Applications close midnight Friday 3rd August 2018.
Please quote in application: Project Manager via Pro Bono Australia.