About the Role
Applications are invited from persons wishing to be considered to fill an Aboriginal Trustee vacancy with the Wiri Yuwiburra Community Benefits Trust.
The Wiri Yuwiburra Community Benefits Trust supports transformational improvement, growth and development for Wiri and Yuwiburra families and the broader Birri Gubba People.
Part of the Trust’s role is administering several grants programs to ensure recipients create positive social impacts in their community.
The successful applicant will join a team of six Trustees, which includes four Aboriginal Trustees.
Applicants should demonstrate in their written application that they meet certain mandatory criteria, namely that they are a person:
- of Aboriginal descent;
- with a commitment to the furtherance of the interests of the Aboriginal community in and around the Hail Creek region near Mackay in Central Queensland; and
- able to demonstrate aptitude, skills and experience relevant to the tasks and responsibilities of a Trustee.
The existing Trustees will consider the merits of all applications received against these mandatory criteria and other criteria they deem relevant. The Trustees have resolved that other criteria include the following:
- the Trust’s desire to achieve gender balance having regard to the pending retirement of the Trust’s only current female Trustee;
- the Trust’s desire for better inter-generational balance in the composition of Trustees; hence the Trust encourages applications from younger people;
- evidenced skills and capabilities that could assist the Trust implement recommendations from its recently completed grant administration review;
- able to demonstrate aptitude, skills and experience in the philanthropic and not-for-profit sector or the ability to quickly acquire the necessary skills and experience;
- able to demonstrate aptitude, skills and experience to the Australian Institute of Grants Management standard, or the ability to quickly acquire the necessary skills and experience to that standard; and
- an obvious desire to augment the Trust’s knowledge of and experience with the whole of Wiri and Yuwiburra communities and Birri Gubba People.
About the Organisation
The successful applicant will join a team of six Trustees, including four Aboriginal Trustees.
Apply for this Job
For details concerning this role, please contact
Ken Riddiford, Independent Trustee
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Applications for Appointment of an Aboriginal Trustee via Pro Bono Australia.