About the Role
- Location: Preston
- 1 Full time positions
- $90,000 – $100,000
This position will take a leadership role in the development, implementation and operational management of VACCA’s Nugel program.
The position will also contribute to the development of state wide Nugel policies, procedures and protocols including arrangements for sharing resources and services with DHHS and other ACCOs
To be considered for this role you must demonstrate:
- Awareness and appreciation of Aboriginal communities and culture and an understanding of the issues affecting Aboriginal people in contemporary Australia
- An ability to work in a culturally respectful and competent manner with young people, their families and communities to ensure that cultural connections are fostered and maintained.
- Exercise a wide range of legal delegations pursuant to the Children, Youth and Families Act 2005 and VACCA specific delegations on behalf of children and young people in the Nugel Program.
- Demonstrate best practice and guide staff in culturally appropriate assessments, case planning and case management, including court work, in accordance with the agreed Nugel Program service delivery framework.
- Take a lead role in managing serious/complex case issues, critical incidents, worker safety issues and quality of care concerns and provide timely and expert advice to senior managers including the CEO/Principal Officer about these issues.
- Prepare reports, present information and make recommendations to the Children’s Court and other relevant courts and tribunal processes on decisions and actions in the best interests of the child, and support Nugel Program staff in all aspects of court work.
- Ongoing management of the recruitment requirements in relation to the Nugel program
- Contribute to orientation, design and delivery of training for Nugel Program staff.
- Supervise team leaders (and caseworkers as required) in accordance with VACCA’s supervision standards, and the agreed Nugel service delivery framework.
- Build strong partnerships between the Nugel Program and related VACCA programs and the Aboriginal community, to streamline service delivery and effectiveness for children and families.
Application deadline is Sunday 14th October 2018
About the Organisation
Victorian Aboriginal Child Care Agency (VACCA) operates within the context that Aboriginal children continue to be significantly overrepresented in the protection and care system within Victoria. VACCA considers that it has the responsibility and the opportunity to promote, advocate for and achieve positive changes in the lives of Aboriginal children, their families and the broader Aboriginal community.
If you like to be part of an Organization that strives in strengthening the safety and wellbeing and cultural connectedness of Aboriginal children, individuals and families in their community, we want to hear from you.
Apply for this Job
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Program Manager, Nugel Program via Pro Bono Australia.