About the Role
About the role
TerraCycle Australia & New Zealand is looking for a switched-on Public Relations and Marketing manager who can actively promote and raise awareness of TerraCycle and its programs.
The role offers the opportunity to join a small, dynamic and growing team, get their foot in the door and build on their portfolio!
Public Relations (60%)
- Development and implementation of media strategies with TerraCycle brand partners to promote our national recycling programs in Australia and NZ
- Development and execution of PR releases, media liaison and follow up
- Maintaining media databases, media monitoring and compiling media clips using WordPress, CMS and media tracking programs
- Reporting on PR campaign results to brand partners
- Conduct outreach and build strategic partnerships with schools, not for profits and key groups to raise awareness about TerraCycle mission
- Represent TerraCycle at events and conferences
- Manage a Public Relations intern
- Work with TerraCycle ANZ account managers and marketing associates to ensure that the TerraCycle message is consistent and relevant across all channels (EDMs, Social Media and website)
- Make recommendations for contests, promotions and stunts
- Oversee Social Media activity: identify opportunities, prepare calendar and posts for Facebook and Instagram
- Liaise with our graphic teams in the US and Japan to produce new communication materials (e.g. guides, posters, social media icons, videos etc.)
- Manage a customer support agent and oversee the customer support platform
- Ad-hoc tasks
- Work experience at a PR agency or fast paced media or business environment is highly desirable.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- The ability to write clear and concise texts for various media platforms and contexts.
- Ability to work to a deadline and work independently as well as part of a team.
- Must be thorough and detailed oriented.
- Experience in media liaison and confident in approaching or dealing with media.
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Proficient use of Excel and PowerPoint.
- Be willing to travel interstate and internationally.
This position is suited to a recent graduate or candidate with a great level of work experience in similar field. This is a full-time position, based in Sydney. Visa sponsorship is not available.
About the Organisation
TerraCycle is a social enterprise whose mission is to “Eliminate the Idea of Waste”. We have become a global leader in recycling hard-to-recycle waste that typically ends up in landfill (e.g. cigarette butts, baby diapers, coffee capsules etc.). Thanks to major brand partners, we work around the world to set up innovative recycling schemes. We have engaged with 80 million consumers, raised $30 million for charities and recycled over 4 billion pieces of waste. We recently took on new challenges such as transforming ocean waste into new products and offering reusable packaging services.
In 2006, TerraCycle was elected “The Coolest Little Start-Up in America” by Inc.
Apply for this Job
For details concerning this role, please contact
Phone : +61481112060
Email : email@example.com
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Public Relations & Marketing Manager via Pro Bono Australia.