About the Role
About the role
Situated in the Foundation’s integrated Strategic Communication and Marketing Branch, this newly created position will play a pivotal role in the conceptualisation and execution of stakeholder and media events, including Gambling Harm Awareness Week activities, Ministerial launches and announcements, and the coordination of off-site board meetings.
The role will involve developing content for a range of communication channels, including digital and print information, reports and promotional collateral for different stakeholder groups, often to support Foundation events. In addition, it may be called upon to oversee external service providers and provide strategic communication advice and support to marketing campaigns, corporate activities and projects undertaken by other teams within the Foundation.
You are an enthusiastic professional communications all-rounder with significant experience in event management and a strong track record of drafting high quality communication materials that resonate with different audiences.
Passionate and pragmatic, you are highly motivated, a strong team player with a can-do attitude, flexible in your approach to tasks and resilient in dealing with change. Detail oriented, you are super organised – always thinking and planning ahead – and thrive in a complex and demanding environment in which you are adept at overcoming obstacles and forming positive and collaborative relationships.
Importantly, you enjoy working on a diverse range of communication projects and making a contribution to work that has genuine implications for, and seeks to improve the lives of, real people.
- demonstrated experience in event management, logistics and project management
- high proficiency in writing original copy, editing, and repurposing content for the web, intranet and social media platforms
- demonstrated ability to work on multiple projects at the same time and reprioritise as necessary
- expertise in using content management, event booking and electronic direct mail systems
- an understanding of state government purchasing and procurement processes (highly desirable)
- media relations experience (highly desirable)
- a tertiary qualification or equivalent experience in communications, public relations or a related field.
About the Organisation
The Victorian Responsible Gambling Foundation is a statutory authority, established in 2011. Our mission is to improve the health and wellbeing of Victorians by working with communities and government to deliver effective, evidence-based initiatives to reduce and prevent gambling harm and provide support for those seeking help. We take a public health approach to our work, which means we focus on prevention, early intervention and support for Victorians who are particularly vulnerable to gambling harm, including in outer metropolitan, regional and rural communities.
Apply for this Job
For details concerning this role, please contact
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Communication Advisor via Pro Bono Australia.