About the Role
|Salary:||Competitive salary and conditions subject to negotiation with the successful applicant|
|Conditions of Service:||Part time 0.4 – 0.6 FTE, 12 month fixed term contract with possibility of renewal Flexible hours and conditions available|
|Annual Leave||8-12 days pending FTE|
The Communications Manager will have a passion for social change and community cultural continuity. Preferably a background in the NFP sector, and experience in communications and grant submissions. Organisational Background Sharing Stories Foundation (SSF) works with Indigenous communities to protect, maintain and grow language, stories and cultural heritage. Engaged as a culturally safe broker, SharingStories delivers tailored, community-based programs and tools, and facilitates the publication and distribution of cultural products including iBooks, education packages, permanent and touring installations. Purpose of Role The Communication Manager will be responsible for developing and managing relationships with philanthropic, high wealth individuals/PAFS and some corporates foundations, writing grants and support communication of outcomes through all channels including reports and social media. Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Contributing to key communications, presentations and reports including Annual Reports, quarterly newsletters, website and social media updates that ensure SSF’s objectives and programs are effectively communicated to stakeholders and general public.
- Managing timelines for submission of, and engagement with, current and prospective funding partners.
- Enhance existing funding strategy to ensure that SharingStories is able to respond effectively to identified community objectives. This includes research and prepare submissions for corporate, philanthropic and private donors / funds as well as other Grants as required.
Selection Criteria Essential:
- Must be of Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander descent*
- Ideally 5+ years partnership / fundraising / communications experience
- Relationship management skills and ability to build relationships with key partners and stakeholders
- Engaging and passionate presenter, with ability to inspire others as to value and importance of cultural continuity
- Research and analysis skills with high level of attention to detail
- Ability to work independently from home office and collaboratively as required
- Strategic and systematic professional
- Takes initiative, proactive
- Confident in digital media
- Excellent writing, editing, presentation and research skills
*This organisation considers that being Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander is a genuine occupational requirement for this position under section 14 of the Anti-Discrimination Act 1977 (NSW).
About the Organisation
Sharing Stories Foundation (SSF) works with Indigenous communities to protect, maintain and grow language, stories and cultural heritage. Engaged as a culturally safe broker, SharingStories delivers tailored, community-based programs and tools, and facilitates the publication and distribution of cultural products including iBooks, education packages, permanent and touring installations. www.sharingstoriesfoundation.org
Apply for this Job
For details concerning this role, please contact
Phone : 0403447566
Email : email@example.com
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Communications Manager via Pro Bono Australia.