About the Role
- Location: Preston
- Full time
- Salary: $63,461-$69,000
The VACCA Youth Through-Care Project worker will work alongside a project lead and project consultants to support the development of the Youth Through-Care Project (a new youth justice model of care). This project position involves a range of project management activities to support the development of the model including planning, designing and consulting through to implementation and refinement of the model. Experience in project management and knowledge of youth justice is essential.
The Youth Through-Care Project aims to provide intensive support to assist young Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people to transition safely out of detention settings and break the cycle of offending.
To be considered for this role you must demonstrate:
- Awareness and appreciation of Aboriginal communities and culture and an understanding of the issues affecting Aboriginal people in contemporary Australia
- An ability to work in a culturally respectful and competent manner with young people, their families and communities to ensure that cultural connections are fostered and maintained
- Knowledge and experience of the youth justice sector
- Experience in delivery of small-large scale projects including planning and implementation
- Strong organisational abilities and interpersonal and communication skills
- Proven ability to work independently and within a team environment
- Good written and computer skills
- Ability to work flexible hours when required
- Excellent time management skills and commitment to high quality customer service
- You must have and continue to hold a full Victorian Driver’s Licence and a current employment working with children check card
About the Organisation
Victorian Aboriginal Child Care Agency (VACCA) operates within the context that Aboriginal children continue to be significantly overrepresented in the protection and care system within Victoria. VACCA considers that it has the responsibility and the opportunity to promote, advocate for and achieve positive changes in the lives of Aboriginal children, their families and the broader Aboriginal community.
If you like to be part of an Organization that strives in strengthening the safety and wellbeing and cultural connectedness of Aboriginal children, individuals and families in their community, we want to hear from you.
Apply for this Job
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Project Officer, Youth Through-Care Project via Pro Bono Australia.