About the Role
- Exciting leadership opportunity in mental health!
- Be part of a dynamic and reflective team environment
- Work within a values based, progressive Not for Profit organisation
Seeking a dynamic and committed leader to support the promotion and facilitation of high quality services for people living with mental illness
“Full citizenship for all people living with a mental illness in Australian society”
About the Role
- Full Time, Maximum Term Contract until 30 June 2019
- Based at Neami Outer East Melbourne Partners in Recovery
- Flexibility to be based at our Ringwood or Lilydale locations
The Partners in Recovery (PIR) program aims to support consumers with a severe and persistent mental illness, who also have many and varied needs, to access services and supports from multiple sectors. As Service Manager, you will lead a team of Support Facilitators and develop the PIR program.
- Daily management of the PIR program, supporting staff in Ringwood and Lilydale locations
- Undertake collaborative work with a range of organisations (including primary health care providers) to coordinate, improve and integrate services to ensure service delivery is accessible
- Provide a leadership role in identifying and resolving systemic service delivery issues
- Lead, coach and mentor a team of Support Facilitators
What will you bring to the role?
- Solid experience in the human services environment
- Demonstrated experience in managing service provision, leading a staff team and developing collaborative strategic partnerships
- Commitment to supporting recovery and improving outcomes for people living with mental illness
- Ability to work with individuals from diverse and unique backgrounds
- Highly developed written and verbal communication skills
- Tertiary qualifications in Mental Health, Disability or Community Services desirable
- Current Working with Children Check
- Australian Working Rights
- Drivers licence
- Police check (refer to PD) – disclosable outcomes considered
- A Disability Worker Exclusion Scheme Check will be undertaken prior to commencement
About the Organisation
About Neami National
Neami National is a community mental health service supporting people living with mental illness to improve their health, live independently and pursue a life based on their own strengths, values and goals.
In our most recent Staff Engagement Survey, 89% of our Staff recommend Neami as a great place to work, with 87% of staff proud to say they work for Neami.
We acknowledge Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander peoples and communities as the Traditional Custodians of the land we work on and pay our respects to Elders past, present and emerging. We recognise that their sovereignty was never ceded. Neami National is committed to cultivating inclusive environments for staff, consumers and carers. We celebrate, value and include people of all backgrounds, genders, sexualities, cultures, bodies and abilities. We are an environmentally conscious organisation.
- Diverse and inclusive organisation
- Induction and extensive Learning and Development Program
- Regular Practice Development sessions and coaching with your supervisor
- Salary Packaging providing tax benefits available for living and entertainment expenses
- Excellent conditions including paid parental leave, a monthly accrued day off, generous long service leave, wellness and gratis leave
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Pet friendly environment
Apply for this Job
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Service Manager – Partners in Recovery Outer East Melbourne via Pro Bono Australia.