About the Role
- Location: Preston
- Full time
- Salary- $63,000
To be considered for this role you must demonstrate:
- Awareness and appreciation of Aboriginal communities and culture and an understanding of the issues affecting Aboriginal people in contemporary Australia
- Demonstrated excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate sensitively and effectively with staff, suppliers and especially with Indigenous people.
- Good written and verbal communication skills including the ability to interact with a broad range of people.
- Experience in accounts payable and accounts receivable in a medium size entity with multiple cost centres.
- A sound understanding of internal control procedures pertaining to financial systems.
- Good computer skills including Internet, email, word processing and the use of Excel
- Capacity to produce high quality work with efficiency, accuracy and high level of professional client services
- Commitment to VACCA’s vision, mission and purpose.
About the Organisation
The Victorian Aboriginal Child Care Agency (VACCA) is the largest organization of its kind in Australia. VACCA is an Aboriginal community-controlled organization that supports and advocates for the Aboriginal community. Our strength lies with our people. Our team is committed to the organisation's vision and values; advocates for our children and other vulnerable community members; and shows respect for, observance and compliance with Aboriginal cultural protocols, practice and ceremony. Our Aboriginality is what distinguishes us from mainstream services and what enables us to deliver the positive outcomes we achieve for our people
If you like to be part of an Organization that strives in strengthening the safety and wellbeing and cultural connectedness of Aboriginal children, individuals and families in their community, we want to hear from you.
Apply for this Job
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Accounts Officer via Pro Bono Australia.