About the Role
About the Role
As a Non-Executive Director at Hume, you will play a critical role, as a member of the Board and alongside the Executive Team, in the strategic leadership and governance of the business.
We require one or more of the following skills and attributes for this exciting opportunity;
- Previous experience in Directorship along with AICD or equivalent training or willingness to undertake this training
- Experience and deep understanding of the delivery of human services including disability services.
- Experience and understanding of growing revenue through alternative and broad funding streams such as government, philanthropic, private grants and institutional investment is highly desirable.
- Experience or understanding of diversity and delivering services into diverse communities.
Due to Hume’s imminent growth, you will also ideally have knowledge of, or currently be based in, the Hunter NSW region.
As a values led organisation a personal alignment with the values of the organisation is essential as is;
- the desire to create a difference in the lives of Hume’s customers and contribute to the positive social impact that Hume delivers,
- the desire and ability to communicate and work collaboratively with other Board members and the Executive Team in a constructive and supportive manner,
- being a critical and innovative thinker, not afraid to ask questions and challenge the status quo,
- the capacity to develop and utilise networks and contacts to increase the organisation’s profile and reputation.
Our Board members are paid a salary reflective of Hume’s not for profit status and salary packaging benefits available to the sector are also available.
The Board meets 6 times per annum plus additional sub-committee meetings and strategic planning days. Board meetings are held after business hours.
It is anticipated that your commitment will be the equivalent of 1 to 2 days per month. Due to the organisation’s growth, there may be the requirement for overnight travel.
Hume Community Housing is committed to a workplace where our team members prosper and diversity and inclusion are a valued part of our vibrant and connected working community. We encourage and welcome applications from women, people with a disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, LGBTI and people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
Applications close 23rd of November 2018
About the Organisation
Hume is a value’s driven, nationally regulated Tier 1 Community Housing Provider with over 2000 properties owned or under management. With a current annual turnover of over $35m, Hume Community Housing is a modern, sustainable and agile organisation with a capability to balance both customer and business outcomes. Hume’s secured expansion in 2019 will see Hume take management of a further 2200 properties in the Maitland and Port Stephens region (Hunter NSW region) and significantly increase turnover. As a not-for-profit company, limited by guarantee, Hume’s purpose is, to create opportunities for people to prosper by building vibrant and connected communities. Hume delivers on this purpose by providing a range of services including residential tenancy and asset management, property development and construction and individual and community support services. Key to the delivery of this purpose is the support of a skills based Board and contemporary governance. Due to the retirement of a director, we currently have the opportunity to appoint a skilled Non-Executive Director
Apply for this Job
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Non-Executive Director via Pro Bono Australia.