About the Role
From 1 July 2016, the disability service sector commenced its transition to full scheme National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) across Victoria. This means that disability service organisations in Victoria are undertaking substantial work to ensure this transition is as seamless as possible.
The Victorian Government has provided funding to NDS in Victoria through its Sector Transition Fund. NDS will support the sector to effectively transition to the NDIS by building the capacity of current and future support providers.
NDS is leading a number of projects to support Victorian disability organisations to transition successfully to full scheme NDIS, with practical support and advice.
This broad ranging role will support the delivery of a number of Job Fairs which seek to promote the disability sector workforce opportunities; support a range of disability service provider forums and meetings; undertaken project work to support transition of service providers to the NDIS; and other duties arising within the NDS policy team.
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
- Co-ordinate the delivery of the NDS Job Fairs project
- Co-ordinate the management, administration and reporting obligations associated with projects to government funders
- Contribute to the NDS Helpdesk
- Provide a high level of support to members and service providers through meetings, forums, workshops, seminars, training events and conferences
- Prepare an array of communications collaterals to support funded projects
- Respond to member enquiries and initiate high quality support to member organisations, providing information, advice and support
- Assist with policy and advocacy projects, and work closely with the NDS Policy team
- Other duties as required
- Demonstrated project management and administrative skills and proven capability to support complex projects delivered on time and on budget.
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills including demonstrated ability to communicate effectively and maintain networks with a range of stakeholders, and write cogently for a variety of stakeholders
- Demonstrated strong organisational skills, initiative, and ability to manage multiple priorities and deadlines
- Awareness of the policy and political environment impacting on disability services
- A tertiary qualification in a related discipline
- Independent travel capability
About the Organisation
National Disability Services NDS is the national industry association for disability services, representing approximately 1,100 non-government service providers. Collectively, our members operate several thousand services for Australians with all types of disability. NDS’s members range in size from small support groups to large multi-service organisations, and are located in every State and Territory across Australia.
NDS promotes the full inclusion of people with disability and this commitment is outlined in our Disability Action Plan (DAP).
Apply for this Job
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Project Coordinator (VIC) via Pro Bono Australia.