About the Role
About the Role
This role will be responsible for maintaining the quality delivery of an authoritative suite of professional development programs. These programs are based on corporate governance standards and tailored specifically to independent schools.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Key delivery of services, advice, resourcing, consulting, and professional development to ensure school governors and senior executive teams of independent schools are well equipped to lead with confidence
- Implementing relevant national standards, frameworks and charters to improve school performance and achieve operational goals
- Coordinate and deliver professional development targeted to the areas of governance, management and administration across the operational and business aspects of independent schools
- Maintain and procure constructive relationships with external stakeholders such as Commonwealth and State education departments, regulatory bodies, and other associations as such
- Prepare and coordinate resources and written responses to proposed legislative or regulatory changes and apply it to independent schools
Skills & Experience required
- Substantial experience in corporate governance, risk management, compliance and strategy
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills – you must be comfortable with delivering presentations to senior leaders and Boards of schools
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain effective relationships
- Project management and strong coordination skills – you must be able to manage conflicting priorities and deliver within tight timeframes
- Professional and polished presentation at all times
- A collaborative, team-oriented and member services approach
- Ability to maintain the highest confidentiality, discretion and integrity of information associated with the role
Benefits & Culture
- An opportunity to work with a diverse range of school Boards across Queensland
- The ability to work within a highly reputable Not-for-Profit organisation
- Flexible work arrangements and genuine work life balance – choose your hours between 7am to 6pm Monday to Friday
- Both strategic and operational responsibilities will play an important role in making a difference within the education sector
- Play a pivotal role in developing and delivering new services to members around governance
- A relaxed and down to earth office culture working with other industry experts
About the Organisation
This organisation is the peak advocacy body representing and promoting the interests of Queensland independent schools. It is recognised for its proactive approach and responsiveness to its members, and its support for choice and diversity in schooling. It works closely with all political parties, government departments and the community, promoting the policies and interests of independent schools and the parents who support them.
Apply for this Job
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: School Services Advisor (Governance) via Pro Bono Australia.