About the Role
We are seeking an experienced Finance Officer to join our Corporate Services Division on Part Time basis (30.4 hours per week) for a fixed term period until 30 June 2019.
About the Opportunity
The Finance Officer is responsible for the accounts payable and receivable functions, distribution of gift card vouchers under the “Flexible Support Package Program”, dealing with accounts related queries with a high level of customer service and may assist with payroll tasks and queries if required. Finance reporting functions and assistance with end of month/end of financial year processes and payroll (on a relief basis) form part of this role.
Essential to your success
- Certificate IV in Bookkeeping (minimum)/Certificate IV in Payroll Administration (highly regarded).
- Experience in accounts receivable, accounts payable and payroll preparation, with a small to medium enterprise, including the interpretation of awards and statutory/GST compliance.
- Experience working with Microsoft Office suite, Reckon/Quickbooks and XERO (proposed transition to in FY2019).
- Excellent time management and organizational skills, including the ability to take tasks through to completion, whilst working under pressure, and meet predetermined/tight deadlines.
- High attention to detail.
- A continuous improvement mindset in approaching all tasks.
- Strict observance of the confidentiality of sensitive information.
What We Offer
- Flexible working hours including the option of a monthly accrued day off (ADO) for full time staff
- Generous salary packaging benefits resulting in tax savings
- Excellent Professional Development opportunities including external training and workshops as well as EDVOS all staff training
- Health and wellbeing programs for all staff including weekly yoga classes, walk at work, bi-monthly staff shared lunch and birthday calendar
- Regular supervision and management support including access to EAP
- Internal committees (e.g. Innovation & Development and Quality and Safety) working groups to support staff’s interest and expertise (e.g. Diversity, Consumer Engagement, OHS, Children and Youth)
- A rewarding opportunity to be part of an organisation that is committed to improving quality of life for women and children experiencing family violence
Salary for this position will be aligned with SCHADS Level 4+ 9.5% super.
About the Organisation
Eastern Domestic Violence Services (EDVOS) is a not-for-profit specialist family violence service in Melbourne’s eastern metropolitan region. We provide an integrated range of support and services to empower women and children who are responding to family violence. We operate within a human rights framework and our focus is on supporting the safety of women and children and the accountability of perpetrators.
Apply for this Job
For details concerning this role, please contact
Phone : 03 9259 4200
Email : email@example.com
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Finance Officer via Pro Bono Australia.