About the Role
The IG team is a central function which works to deliver direct marketing programmes across all our active markets. The role will involve some remote management as team members are based in several markets including the UK, Europe, USA, Asia and Australia.
This post provides strategic and tactical leadership across all areas of individual giving, driving best practice with the ultimate aim of maximising income for Animals Asia and ensuring a rewarding donor experience for our supporters.
Global in nature, this role provides leadership and accountability for individual giving strategy, activities, channels and plans for a diverse range of fundraising activities. It also ensures that new, significant financial investments in individual giving work hard for Animals Asia – this is both a challenging and an exciting role at a crucial time for the organisation.
There will be new investment in individual giving fundraising including a major brand awareness and fundraising marketing campaign from 2019 onwards. The role is required to implement and deliver a new individual giving fundraising strategy to grow our unrestricted income. The role also oversees the support function of Research and Insights.
Key business areas include regular and one-off donor acquisition, supporter retention and value maximisation, middle donor, merchandise and support for legacy fundraising including development of strategy and design and production of communications. A key focus area will be identifying opportunities to integrate these channels and optimise results across offline and online channels.
Summary of key functions/accountabilities:
- Work with the IG team and country offices to develop and optimise Animal Asia’s Individual Giving programmes, deliver income and expenditure budgets, monitor progress and set annual budgets.
- Work with the Supporter Engagement Director to develop an appropriate fundraising strategy taking into account local market contexts.
- Identify suitable channels, techniques and messaging for further investment to drive income growth.
- Deliver effective management to a team of fundraising, design, production and merchandise staff ensuring excellent communication and service delivery to meet KPIs and to maximise net income and ROI.
- Manage relationships with key external service providers and agencies, including negotiating contracts and ongoing relationship management.
- Analyse donation patterns and data trends and use data to underpin decisions about fundraising strategies and tactics.
- Work with the CRM function on the development and implementation of data reporting and processes to support income growth.
- Oversee the management of the supporter and donation processes to deliver a quality donor journey to maximise the retention rate of individual donors.
- Ensure continuous testing, collate learning and apply to our programs to maximise results.
- Keep in touch with industry experts, track competitor activities and global developments in individual giving across the NGO sector.
Reporting Line Manager:
Supporter Engagement Director – based in Hong Kong
Direct Line Reports:
Senior Marketing Manager – based in Hong Kong
Research and Insights Manager – based in the UK
Fund raising Marketing Manager – based in the UK
- At least 8 years proven experience of managing direct marketing activities, with at least 5 of those years in charities/NGOs with experience in individual giving.
- Thorough understanding of regular giving acquisition and retention programmes.
- Proven ability to coordinate complex, multi-million dollar programmes and work with senior level management.
- Preference will be given to candidates with international fundraising experience.
- Proven experience of managing and developing CRM and data operations.
- Good team management experience.
This is an exceptional opportunity for someone wanting to develop in an international role and drive performance at a senior level.
About the Organisation
Animals Asia is an international animal charity based in Hong Kong with operations in China, Vietnam, Australia, USA, UK and Europe. It is devoted to ending the barbaric practice of bear bile farming and improving the welfare of animals in China and Vietnam. It promotes compassion and respect for all animals and works to bring about long-term change.
We are looking for a Head of Individual Giving who will be based in Hong Kong.
Apply for this Job
For details concerning this role, please contact
Email : email@example.com
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Head of Individual Giving (based in Hong Kong) via Pro Bono Australia.