About the Role
- Lead the Africa team at a mission-driven international aid and development organisation
- Generous salary packaging benefits
- Full-time, Sydney-based role
In this role, your responsibilities will include:
- Leading the development, implementation and analysis of Caritas Australia’s Africa strategy.
- Proactively representing Caritas Australia at key stakeholder, church and government fora and developing networks and alliances.
- Managing the development and tracking of the Africa Group budget.
- Building a culture of collaboration and coaching the Africa staff to develop their capabilities.
You will thrive in this role if you:
- Have significant experience in a managerial role preferably in the international aid and development sector
- Have excellent interpersonal/communication skills in cross-cultural environments and you enjoy writing reports
- Are availability to travel domestically and internationally
- Can apply beliefs and values consistent with Caritas Australia’s Mission, Vision and Code of Conduct and Catholic Social Teaching
About the Organisation
Caritas Australia is the Catholic agency for international humanitarian relief and development in Australia. Through effective relationships with the Church, partners and communities in Africa, Asia, the Pacific and Australia, Caritas Australia helps to end poverty, promote justice and uphold dignity. Our programs promote the good of every person and of the whole person, regardless of peoples, religious, political or cultural beliefs. We envisage a world in which children, women and men most vulnerable to extreme poverty and injustice are agents of their own change and architects of their own development.
Caritas Australia is an agency established under the Australian Catholic Bishops Conference. Our National Office is based in Sydney and we have offices in several capital cities throughout Australia. Almost half of our staff are based overseas.
Apply for this Job
For details concerning this role, please contact
Phone : 0408405349
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Manager Africa Group via Pro Bono Australia.