About the Role
- Lead the Africa team at a mission-driven international aid and development organisation
- Generous salary packaging benefits
- Full-time, Sydney-based role
In this role, your responsibilities will include:
- Leading the development, implementation and analysis of Caritas Australia’s Africa strategy.
- Proactively representing Caritas Australia at key stakeholder, church and government fora and developing networks and alliances.
- Managing the development and tracking of the Africa Group budget.
- Building a culture of collaboration and coaching the Africa staff to develop their capabilities.
You will thrive in this role if you:
- Have significant experience in a managerial role preferably in the international aid and development sector
- Have excellent interpersonal/communication skills in cross-cultural environments and you enjoy writing reports
- Are availability to travel domestically and internationally
- Can apply beliefs and values consistent with Caritas Australia’s Mission, Vision and Code of Conduct and Catholic Social Teaching
About the Organisation
Caritas Australia is the Catholic agency for international humanitarian relief and development in Australia. Through effective relationships with the Church, partners and communities in Africa, Asia, the Pacific and Australia, Caritas Australia helps to end poverty, promote justice and uphold dignity. Our programs promote the good of every person and of the whole person, regardless of peoples, religious, political or cultural beliefs. We envisage a world in which children, women and men most vulnerable to extreme poverty and injustice are agents of their own change and architects of their own development.
Caritas Australia is an agency established under the Australian Catholic Bishops Conference. Our National Office is based in Sydney and we have offices in several capital cities throughout Australia. Almost half of our staff are based overseas.
Apply for this Job
For details concerning this role, please contact
Phone : 0408405349
To apply for this role, please visit https://www.caritas.org.au/jobs and view the full Position Description. Please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org by COB Thursday 3 January 2019 with a subject line which indicates the role title and channel through which you found the ad (e.g. Manager Africa Group via Pro Bono).
Applications must specify Australian residency or work visa status and include a CV, Cover Letter and responses to the Selection Criteria set out in the Position Description.
For further information please contact Maria Prescilla on 0408405 349.
Caritas Australia is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. Caritas Australia welcomes and encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander applicants for all advertised positions.
Caritas Australia recognises the personal dignity and rights of children towards whom it has a special responsibility and duty of care and respect. The successful candidate will be required to undergo a National Criminal History Record Check and Working with Children Check.
Please quote in application: Manager Africa Group via Pro Bono Australia.