About the Role
Purpose of the position
Over the past year ACN Australia has been working on a threefold strategy to:
(1) Build awareness across the Catholic community of the suffering Church and the mission of ACN
(2) Grow revenue to better support the projects in need
(3) Enhance the benefactor experience
This vital full time permanent position, will work closely with the Benefactor Support Manager. This role is focused on the provision of exceptional customer service to current and potential ACN benefactors and processing a high volume of donations, end-to-end.
This role has a strong service focus that is consistent and of high quality. The successful candidate will actively engage current and potential benefactors, in order to identify what ACN project areas they would be interested in supporting. The candidate will be able to effectively communicate the mission and vision of ACN. They will be motivated to provide a positive, respectful and timely customer service experience for all benefactors.
This role works across multiple fundraising income streams, processing a high volume of donations daily and assisting with the functions of the ACN online shop. The candidate will assist in the development and implementation of strategies so as to retain benefactor support and generate increased revenue. They will ensure that all information recorded in ACN’s Fundraising Program – The Raiser’s Edge – is accurate and updated as required.
- Contribute to benefactor retention and recruitment goals as presented in the ACN fundraising plan
- Communication with benefactors in taking donations and in offering thanks for their gifts
- Knowing the stories of the suffering Church and works of ACN so that these can be shared with benefactors
- Day-to-day donations management, including donation processing and reconciliation
- Packaging and sending of shop orders and benefactor gifts
- Benefactor stewardship activities such as thank you calls and declined donations support
- Act as first respondent to queries and complaints, action and resolve or escalate
- Use of The Raiser’s Edge, our CRM and database program
- General tasks that support the daily work of ACN
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- An active Catholic who faithfully lives, and is able to articulate, the key principles and teachings of the Catholic Church
- Familiarity with, and appreciation of, the mission and vision of Aid to the Church in Need and an ability to deliver upon its goals
- Experience in a customer service role, retail/sales experience or work in the not-for-profit sector is considered preferable
- An exceptional phone manner, maturity and the ability to quickly build rapport with our benefactors
- The ability to write clearly and express yourself
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to reason out problems and find solutions
- A genuine care for and interest in people of all ages
- Confident and proficient with the Microsoft suite and general computer usage
- Self-motivated, punctual, reliable and able to maintain confidentiality
- An interest in and ability to develop the role and to work with minimal supervision
- Good organisational and time management skills
About the Organisation
Aid to the Church in Need (ACN) is a Pontifical Foundation dedicated to the persecuted and suffering Church. Founded by Fr Werenfried van Straaten O.Praem in 1947 as a Catholic aid organisation for war refugees, ACN is the only international Catholic organisation today that focuses on the pastoral and spiritual support of suffering Christians. Through the offerings of over 400,000 benefactors worldwide, ACN international raises approximately AUD $200 million each year for some 5000 projects in 140 countries. ACN Australia began in 1965 and is one of 23 national offices which seeks to raise awareness and financial support for this work.
Apply for this Job
For details concerning this role, please contact
Phone : 1800101201
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Benefactor Support Officer via Pro Bono Australia.