About the Role
- Fixed term contract based in the Sydney CBD until 30th June 2019
- Be instrumental in strengthening Mission Australia’s child safety practices
- NFP salary packaging and flexibility in workdays/times and location
Mission Australia is a child safe organisation which promotes safe environments where children and young people are respected, valued and empowered. We are committed to ensuring the highest standards of safety and wellbeing for the children and young people who engage with our services.
We are seeking a Child Safe Lead for NSW/VIC/ACT to join our team of subject matter experts to develop and deliver of a range of tailored training packages related to child and youth safety across the organisation.
This senior opportunity will be reporting to the National Child Safe Lead and will be instrumental in Mission Australia’s delivery of key strategic project across the organisation.
Based in Sydney with flexibility to work from Wollongong, Newcastle or other Sydney sites, this position will require travel across NSW and Victoria to provide training to employees and volunteers.
Your key responsibilities as the NSW/VIC/ACT Child Safe Lead will be to:
- Develop and deliver training for service delivery staff in accordance with the child safe training strategy, and drive child safe best practices across the states/territories
- Work collaboratively with the Child Safe Leads based in other states to drive consistency in practices
- Develop and maintain strong collaborative relationships with stakeholders across all levels
- Ensure compliance with legislative, contractual and organisational child safe standards requirements
- Provide a first point of contact for staff queries in relation to child safe obligations and responsibilities
Requirements for Success
- Demonstrable experience in developing and delivering training programs
- Specialist knowledge in the area of child protection gained through experience, education or training
- Clear understanding of state and territory child protection legislation
- Well-developed communication skills and attention to detail
- The ability to work effectively with key stakeholders and achieve outcomes through influence
- Detailed knowledge of child safe organisation best practice
- Relevant degree and substantial relevant experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong conceptual and analytical skills
Culture & Benefits
A career with Mission Australia will offer you rewarding experiences, opportunities for advancement and the chance to make a difference to the lives of Australians in need.
We have an innovative and friendly culture guided by our values of compassion, integrity, respect, perseverance and celebration.
To ensure our employees feel valued, supported, celebrated and compensated, we provide a range of employee benefits including:
- Salary packaging of $15,900 in tax-free pay per year (details via Advantage)
- Generous discounts with hotels, travel insurance and major retailers
- Discounted childcare rates with participating centres
- Free, confidential counselling services via our EAP
- Discounted health care with Medibank Private
- Volunteering opportunities
Diversity & Inclusion
Mission Australia is an inclusive employer. We celebrate our diversity and strive to reflect contemporary Australian society and all the communities in which we work, in order to better serve our clients. We welcome and encourage applications from Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, Culturally and Linguistically Diverse people, People with Disability, Sexually and Gender Diverse people, people with lived experience of adversity and from people of all ages.
About the Organisation
Mission Australia is a non-denominational Christian charity that has been helping vulnerable Australians move towards independence for more than 155 years.
Every day we support people nationwide by combatting homelessness, assisting disadvantaged families and children, addressing mental health issues, fighting substance dependencies and much more.
We're generously supported by our funders, partners and tens of thousands of everyday Australians, who make the work of our tireless volunteers and staff possible.
Apply for this Job
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Child Safe Lead/Workplace Trainer, NSW/VIC/ACT via Pro Bono Australia.