About the Role
The Queensland State Manager will be responsible for coordinating and supporting the State’s 16 volunteer Committees in the planning and conduct of local membership and fundraising events, and for developing and maintaining strong relations with corporate sponsors, and with rugby league stakeholders, including the NRL, QRL and Junior Leagues. As an active and effective team leader, you will strive to develop growth strategies in accordance with the Men of League Strategic Plan 2017-2021.
- Lead and oversee all aspects of Queensland’s fundraising, membership and corporate sponsorship activities, through high level leadership and support of its professional staff and volunteer Committees.
- Build strong and effective relations with the Rugby League community, at all levels of the game through active representation of the work and accomplishments of the Foundation.
- Assist the Committees and Wellbeing Officers in the identification and support of those within the rugby league community in need.
- Assist the CEO to deliver the Foundation’s National and State strategic and business objectives.
- Oversee the administrative affairs of the Queensland Office through the effective management of the Queensland Team.
- Demonstrated Leadership skills & experience
- Previous experience in a Not For Profit organisation desirable
- Strong rugby league or sports related background highly desirable
- Excellent business relationship manager
- Proven people management skills
- Demonstrated capacity to collaborate effectively and work as part of a team
- Excellent organisational and administrative skills with attention to detail
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated capacity to multi-task
- Previous experience working with volunteers strongly desired
- Tertiary qualifications in a relevant discipline desirable
- Experience in events desirable
- Intermediate to advanced IT skills, in particular Microsoft Office Suite
- Flexible working hours
- Current drivers licenses
About the Organisation
The Men of League Foundation is a not for profit registered charity which exists to support the men, women and children of the rugby league community in necessitous circumstances. Funded in part by the NRL, the Foundation raises the majority of its funds to meet its benevolent objectives through a range of events at a regional, State-wide and National level, and through the development and maintenance of strong corporate supporters from within the business and rugby league communities aligned with the mission of the Foundation. It relies upon a strong network of volunteer committees to help build membership and donors at a local level, to raise funds through local events, and to identify and support wellbeing recipients throughout the State.
Apply for this Job
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Queensland State Manager via Pro Bono Australia.