About the Role
Location: Hong Kong
Reports to: CEO on programmes and Managing Director on operations
Key relationships: CEO, country directors and development executives in Hong Kong, and five other countries
Job Purpose: To take the lead role in every aspect of Animals Asia’s fundraising activities internationally with the aim of significantly increasing the amount of funds raised annually
- Assume direct responsibility for the leadership and management of all fundraising undertaken by Animals Asia globally.
- Develop and implement an integrated fundraising strategy to generate increased sustainable income streams in line with the organisation’s programme objectives.
- Lead effective fundraising initiatives including direct mailing, major donors, corporate giving, sponsorship, funds and foundations, legacies and regular giving.
- Develop opportunities including brand awareness and marketing campaigns that will raise awareness of Animals Asia and acquire new donor segments.
- Develop a long term plan to significantly increase income over the next 5 years according to financial targets by proactively securing funding from new income sources.
- Develop an annual fundraising budget which focuses on a high return on investment.
- Prepare periodic reports to assess the effectiveness of fundraising initiatives.
- Play an active role in strategic reviews and contribute to the wider thinking and planning of the organisation.
- Devise and implement effective fundraising literature and marketing communications in conjunction with the Head of Communications.
- Promoting the organisation to potential supporters including celebrities, public service announcements, leaflets, advertisements etc.
- Represent the organisation as required and promote the interests of Animals Asia at events.
- Manage a team of 8 direct reports in Animals Asia’s key fundraising hubs of Hong Kong, UK, Australia, Germany and the USA.
- Ensure Animals Asia’s CRM system is fully utilised to support global fundraising activities.
- Work with the team in China to develop fundraising initiatives within the current legal framework.
Requirements: The successful candidate should have the following:-
- Solid experience of working with CRM software to develop fundraising programmes which have resulted in significant income growth is essential.
- Ten year’s proven track record in the successful implementation of an international fundraising strategy in the non-profit sector with 5 years in a supervisory /management capacity.
- Proven track record of raising funds from multiple sources such as major donors, direct mailing, bequests, monthly giving and the corporate sector.
- Goal oriented with the ability to drive results.
- Knowledge of management principles involved in strategic planning, human behaviour and performance techniques.
- Excellent budgeting and analytical skills.
- Position based in Hong Kong and requires flexibility to travel as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Animal welfare sector experience
- Experience in brand awareness and marketing campaigns
Salary and benefits
Salary and benefits for the role will competitive and commensurate with experience.
About the Organisation
Animals Asia Foundation Ltd. ("Animals Asia") is looking for an exceptional Supporter Engagement Director who can significantly increase its fundraising capabilities. This will help Animals Asia work towards achieving its mission of ending the barbaric practice of bear bile farming and to expand its valuable work helping other animals in Asia. Animals Asia has large sanctuaries in China and Vietnam where more than 350 rescued moon bears are being cared for. Animals Asia is also actively involved in a number of other key welfare initiatives in Asia.
Apply for this Job
For details concerning this role, please contact
Phone : 852 2791 2225
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Please send BY EMAIL ONLY a letter of application stating the skills and approach that you would bring to the post with your CV/resume (no photos) in strict confidence by email only to: Karem Armstrong at email@example.com
Please ensure that they are sent as Word or PDF documents with the titles “your name cover letter” and “your name CV”. Please put “Animals Asia Supporter Engagement Director” in the email subject line.
The deadline for applications is Sunday February 24th, 2019
Personal data collected will be used for recruitment-related purposes only.
Please quote in application: Supporter Engagement Director (based in Hong Kong) via Pro Bono Australia.