About the role
CatholicCare Diocese of Broken Bay (https://www.catholiccaredbb.org.au) is the social care and support agency of the Diocese of Broken Bay. Our reach extends from Sydney’s Northern Beaches, Sydney’s North Shore and the Central Coast across a broad area covering 2,400 square kilometres, 26 parishes and 44 Catholic school communities.
CatholicCare is supported by an Advisory Council. The Advisory Council is seeking to enhance its support for CatholicCare and its Executive Leadership through the establishment of two new sub-committees. It is envisaged that these Committees will leverage the broader expertise and experience of people across the Diocese, to ensure that CatholicCare’s services are provided effectively and efficiently.
We are therefore seeking expressions of interest from people who may wish to undertake the role of a voluntary sub-committee member to support the work of the Advisory Council on either:
- CatholicCare Finance and Risk Sub-Committee
- CatholicCare Mission & Identity Sub-Committee.
Potential applicants are asked to volunteer their time in order to attend meetings on a regular basis (some of which may be by teleconference).
Applicants will need to have appropriate expertise and be of outstanding integrity along with a demonstrated understanding and commitment to the Catholic ethos and values of the Church.
The Advisory Council will make recommendations for appointment to the Diocesan Administrator.
The following experience, qualifications and skills sets will be valuable:
- Finance and Accounting / Audit & Risk Management
- Corporate Governance
- Catholic Social Teaching / Theology of mission and mission integration
- Non-for-profit sector / Community Engagement
If you are interested in applying for any of these Sub-Committees and wish to receive the relevant Information Pack: CatholicCare Advisory Sub-Committees, please contact Mrs Lyn Ainsworth. Executive Director at email@example.com or on 02 9481 2602.
Applications should be submitted by Friday 22 March 2019.
About the organisation
We are the social care and support agency of the Catholic Church in the Diocese of Broken Bay.
We assist children, young people and adults to live more enriched lives. We provide quality services tailored to individual needs which take into account people’s social and cultural backgrounds.
We believe in the rights of people and the importance of relationships. These values shape our approach to care and underpin the services we provide.
With funding from both the Federal and NSW Governments and a workforce of more than 630 people, we offer:
- Children’s Services including early learning and care centres, out of school hours care, vacation care, family day care and in home care
- Family Centres offering counselling, domestic and family violence support, family dispute resolution and mediation, parenting and relationship education and more
- Disability services and NDIS support
- Out of Home Care including foster care and residential care services
- Hospital chaplaincy and pastoral care
- Emergency relief, aged care ... and much more.
We provide services to 26,000+ children, young people, individuals and families on the NSW Central Coast, North Sydney and Northern Beaches, and have been doing so since 1987. We delivered around $38 million of care this year.
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: CatholicCare Advisory Sub-Committees via Pro Bono Australia.