About the Role
ABOUT THE PROJECT
SSI’s FutureAbility Project has been funded by the National Disability Insurance Agency (NDIA) to deliver in-language information about disability and the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) via a series of Community Education Sessions. These sessions are designed to target people from   1D; Culturally and Linguistically Diverse (CALD) communities and will be held in various locations across Sydney metro areas and NSW.
The Community Education Sessions will provide CALD communities with much needed in-language information around disability types, how to access the NDIS, and supports available through the scheme.
The sessions will offer an opportunity to enhance the community participation and quality of life of people with disabilities from CALD backgrounds, so they are more likely to seek out help and live more inclusive and enjoyable lives in their community.
The role of a Facilitator is to:
- Present information on disability and the NDIS in Mandarin to approximately 25-30 people via a two hour power point presentation (developed and provided by the FutureAbility Project).
- Assist with evaluation process and initiating a Q&A at the end of the session, as well as assisting with event promotion and responding to RSVPs.
Full training on disability and the NDIS will be provided to the successful candidate, as well as support during the sessions.
Seven half-day Mandarin Community Education Sessions will be held throughout 2019 on the following dates:
- 9th April – Burwood
- 7th May – Liverpool
- 9th May – Hurstville
- 12th June – Hamilton
- 20th June – Campsie
- 19th September – Fairfield
- 21st November – Crows Nest
Please note additional dates and locations may be added for 2019/2020, but will be communicated well in advance by FutureAbility staff.
- Ability to read and write fluently in Mandarin
- Medium level Microsoft Office / Power Point experience.
- Prepared to travel across the Sydney metropolitan area and there may be some regional travel as well (see table with dates and locations above).
- Driving licence is required.
- Prior experience in presenting to groups is desired but not essential.
About the Organisation
SSI is a community organisation and social business that supports newcomers and other Australians to achieve their full potential. We work with all people who have experienced vulnerability, including refugees, people seeking asylum and culturally and linguistically diverse (CALD) communities, to build capacity and enable them to overcome inequality. Our vision is to achieve a society that values the diversity of its people and actively provides support to ensure meaningful social and economic participation and to assist individuals and families reach their potential.
Apply for this Job
Applications close date: Thursday, 01st of March 2019.
If you have any questions, please contact me on 0481 745 533 or email
Please quote in application: Mandarin Speaking Community Education Session Facilitator via Pro Bono Australia.