About the Role
Position: Marketing and Brand Manager
Reports to: Director of Fundraising and Marketing
Hours: 38 hours per week (1 EFT) – 6 month maternity cover contract
Location: Based at 214-218 Nicholson St Footscray
The Marketing Program is responsible for driving brand and product awareness, as well as audience reach and engagement across the ASRC network of programs, campaigns and events.
Through the implementation of strategic marketing, advertising and public relations campaigns the role is responsible for increasing our general supporter base and engaging them to get further involved in supporting the ASRC.
Specifically the marketing function delivers a shared business service to ASRC programs designed to help recruit new donors and advocates in order to meet fundraising targets and drive social change. In doing so, they manage a team responsible for campaign execution across mainstream marketing channels as well as ASRC digital assets such as web, social media, advertising and content production.
In addition to supporting advocacy and fundraising the program also manages content marketing, email marketing, media and provides general marketing support to all other areas of the ASRC.
The Marketing and Brand Manager will be responsible for undertaking the following duties:
- Devise, implement and report on a comprehensive marketing and communications strategy and plan in response to the ASRC’s new strategic plan that will enhance the ASRC’s profile and position in the wider community and deliver on key business growth strategies.
- Lead and develop the strategy, planning and implementation of integrated ASRC fundraising & marketing campaigns, including developing and executing creative concepts with the internal marketing team across multiple channels.
- Develop a communications and content strategy to help deliver on business priorities with particular emphasis on revenue generation.
- Oversee and implement digital acquisition strategies and campaigns to increase financial and non-financial support for the ASRC.
- Develop and implement the ASRC’s persona driven supporter journeys to increase engagement, financial contributions and action of supporters.
- Develop key creative messaging, creative concepts and creative execution strategies for fundraising appeals and events.
- Manage and optimise the operation and workflow of the Marketing & Brand team, including the marketing services projects requested from other programs within the organisation. This role is responsible for the overall performance and deliverables of the Marketing & Brand team.
- Develop and implement an Ambassador & Influencer strategy and journey to optimise the relationships between the ASRC and influential partners.
- Manage the ASRC’s communication channels including website, email and social media. Ensure all ASRC’s communications are audience relevant, targeted and align with branding principles and digital best practice.
- Build strong market presence by actively engaging strategic business relationships and partnerships with organisations and events in the community to raise the profile of the ASRC.
- Demonstrate strong digital acumen and lead and develop a new website strategy and implementing project.
- Oversee the direction, design, production and distribution of the ASRC’s visual and digital communication assets.
- Manage relationships, briefings and projects with media, PR and 3rd party creative agencies.
- Develop and execute a communications plan for the ASRC Reconciliation Action Plan committee.
- Play a leadership role within the Fundraising & Marketing stream.
- Project manage multiple and often concurrent marketing campaigns
- Campaign creation and execution across multiple marketing channels
- Reporting and analysis using marketing analysis tools to deliver key insights
- Managing the marketing and digital team with a focus on ensuring a high level of productivity in line with business and fundraising targets
- Managing the development of ASRC brand guidelines and ensuring its consistent application across the organisation’s sub-brands, programs, projects and collateral
Monitoring and reporting on key performance metrics
- Supervising a wide range of Marketing Volunteers who provide administration and content creation
- Identify and develop key business and media relationships and partnerships for ASRC to leverage our brand awareness and drive market penetration
- Tertiary qualifications in Marketing or similar qualification
- 9 years+ marketing experience, preferably in the not for profit sector
- Strong leadership and experience in optimising the operations and work flow of high-performing teams
- Outstanding communication skills both written and verbal
- Experience in creative concepting, development and execution of Marketing campaigns for Fundraising appeals and Brand communications that deliver financial and non-financial results
- Experience in supporter journey mapping and implementation
- Experience in brand portfolio management
- Experience of marketing automation software as well as email marketing platforms
- Experience and understanding of content management systems, preferably WordPress and NationBuilder
- Expert knowledge and experience of social media platforms and tools
- Strong cross-cultural communication skills
- Experience in building, managing and working within effective teams
- Strong stakeholder and client relationship management skills including media, PR and 3rd parties
- Understanding of the experiences of people seeking asylum
- Ability to work with individuals from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds
Terms and conditions of employment will be based on the Social, Community, Home Care and Disability Services Industry Award 2010 or its successor agreements.
All offers of employment are subject to a satisfactory Criminal History Check and provision of a valid Working with Children Check prior to commencement.
List any other specific conditions applicable to this role that impacts on its delivery e.g. requirement for shift work.
About the Organisation
The Asylum Seeker Resource Centre (ASRC) is the largest aid, employment, health and advocacy organisation for people seeking asylum in Australia. The ASRC provides a range of direct services as well as participating in law reform, campaigning and lobbying.
Apply for this Job
Phone : 0393266066
Email : email@example.com
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Marketing & Brand Manager via Pro Bono Australia.