About the Role
Are you looking for an inspiring and varied role that will make a real difference to children and adults living with a devastating disease?
The Mito Foundation is seeking a passionate and innovative Development Manager to help drive all aspects of our fundraising program. This is a part-time parental leave contract for up to 10 months.
The Development Manager – Direct Fundraising works with the Development Manager – Strategic Fundraising to drive all aspects of the Mito Foundation’s fundraising activities in accordance with its five year strategic plan.
Reporting directly to the CEO, the Development Managers provide guidance and management to the fundraising team and delegate areas of responsibility to the team as necessary.
Based in Surry Hills, the Mito Foundation offers flexible and family friendly working arrangements with attractive salary packing options leveraging Mito Foundation’s FBT exemption status to maximise your take home pay.
- Develop the Fundraising Strategic Plan for each financial year and manage the fundraising budget
- Track growth and trends across all areas of fundraising, and highlight and research areas for investment
- Manage all aspects of direct fundraising including appeals, community fundraising, Mito Foundation events, and regular giving
- Maintain strategic oversight of the Bloody Long Walk fundraising campaign
- Provide input into Strategic Fundraising activities including Trusts and Foundations, major donors, corporate fundraising and bequests
- Manage a small fundraising team
- Update and maintain the donor management database (Salesforce)
As the successful candidate, you will have:
- Experience in direct fundraising – appeals, community fundraising, and regular giving
- A strong track record of fundraising success
- Strong data management and project management skills
- The ability to work autonomously and in a team
- Exemplary written and verbal communication skills, with excellent attention to detail
- Outstanding organisational skills and ability to meet deadlines
- The passion to get behind our cause and make a difference
- Team spirit, and a flexible and friendly nature
The following would be advantageous:
- Experience of developing and implementing a fundraising strategy and budget
- Experience working in a NFP or community organisation
- Strong leadership skills
- An understanding of publicity, social media and digital communications
- Broad marketing experience
- A connection to mito
About the Organisation
The Mito Foundation supports those affected by mitochondrial disease (mito), funds essential research into the prevention, diagnosis, treatment and cures of mitochondrial disorders, and increases awareness and education about this devastating disease. One Australian child born each week will develop a severe or life-threatening form of mitochondrial disease (mito).
The Mito Foundation’s mission is to support the mito community whilst seeking cures.
Mito is a debilitating genetic disorder that robs the body’s cells of energy, causing multiple organ dysfunction or failure and potentially death. There are no cures and few effective treatments. It affects 1 in 5000 people, making it the second most commonly diagnosed, serious genetic disease after cystic fibrosis. Mito can cause any symptom in any organ at any age.
For more information about Mito Foundation, please visit www.mito.org.au.
The Mito Foundation is evolving and we currently have multiple opportunities available for great people to join us in making a difference for people affected by this devastating disease. Check out www.mito.org.au/opportunities and if you know anyone who might be suitable, please let them know.
Apply for this Job
For details concerning this role, please contact
Phone : 02 8033 4113
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Please email a cover letter addressing the above criteria and a copy of your resume to email@example.com using the subject line: Development Manager - Direct Fundraising application via ProBono.
Please apply by c.o.b. 18 March 2019. Apply today, don't delay! We will be reviewing applications as they are received.
Please contact Nellorie Iceton via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or ring 8033 4113 with any questions before applying.
Please quote in application: Development Manager – Direct Fundraising via Pro Bono Australia.