About the role
- Based in Melbourne
- Full-time, 1-Year contract
- Generous Salary Packaging options
The Community and Corporate Relations (CCR) Department endeavors to increase awareness of the valuable and innovative research being undertaken at the Baker Institute, and to raise funds to support that research. We do this by building sustainable relationships and promoting the science to a broad audience.
About the Role
An opportunity exists for a motivated Direct Marketing Coordinator with excellent organisational, engaging copywriting skills and strong relationship-management skills to join the CCR team. The purpose of the role is to implement the direct marketing strategy and to assist in the strategic development of the supporter relationship marketing program.
In this role you will be expected to:
- Coordinate and ensure the timely production process of fundraising appeals and communications, including creative and data, for mail, telemarketing, online (including social media and e-news) and other direct marketing campaigns
- Manage relationships with designers, printers and mail houses and ensure timely delivery within budget
- Coordinate development of creative: sourcing, researching and interviewing case studies; design/layout; response mechanisms; data selections and marketing channels for direct marketing campaigns.
- Write, edit and proof effective, engaging and emotional content for fundraising campaigns and communications that will inspire donations and strengthen relationships.
- Assist with strategy development for campaigns that focus on donor renewal, donor upgrade, donor acquisition and regular giving
- Support data collection processes, working across the department to collect accurate and useful data
- Assist with the preparation of analytical campaign reports, monitoring of results and development of campaign projections for future strategic and tactical decisions
- Assist in robust administrative processes to support donor activities in the department
- Participate in strategic planning across all major fundraising activities.
Skills and Experience
You will have:
- A Tertiary degree in marketing, public relations, business or related area is preferred
- A minimum of 2 – 3 years’ experience in direct marketing role
- Excellent written communication skills – writing, editing and proofing.
- Experience in managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Experience in managing the design, print and production of fundraising/marketing collateral
- Experience in briefing and organising external service providers
- A strong knowledge of fundraising principles and an understanding of the motivations as to why a donor would support a particular cause
- Proficient experience with Supporter360 – a NFP database is highly valuable, but not essential
Remuneration will be commensurate with the successful candidate’s qualifications and experience.
About the organisation
Baker Heart and Diabetes Institute is an independent, internationally renowned medical research facility. Our work extends from the laboratory to wide-scale community studies with a focus on diagnosis, prevention and treatment of diabetes and cardiovascular disease.
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Direct Marketing Coordinator via Pro Bono Australia.