About the role
- 12 Month FTC
- Flexible working environment
- Job share applications will be considered
This is an exciting opportunity to co-ordinate SSI’s Government Relations work. The Government Relations Coordinator will ensure SSI is a non-partisan, recognised, credible and reliable organisation that government seeks advice from ensuring successful delivery of desired outcomes. Key duties and responsibilities include;
- Help lead the development and execution of SSI Government Relations Plan
- Maintain currency on Government and opposition policy changes, enquiries and reports that impact SSI and our clients ensuring SSI is a key thought leader and influencer
- Build and maintain key relationships with the Federal and State Governments
- Consult with internal stakeholders on issues relating to government relations
- Prepare reports and briefings to SSI Executive Team and Board
The successful applicant will have relevant tertiary qualifications or equivalent industry experience. Experience and exposure to Government policy development, public relations or a political advisory role. Key skills and knowledge include;
- Exceptional stakeholder relationship management
- Strong attention to detail
- Effective organisational and planning skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A strong team player with the ability to also work autonomously
About the organisation
SSI is a community organisation and social business that supports newcomers and other Australians to achieve their full potential. We work with all people who have experienced vulnerability, including refugees, people seeking asylum and culturally and linguistically diverse (CALD) communities, to build capacity and enable them to overcome inequality. Our vision is to achieve a society that values the diversity of its people and actively provides support to ensure meaningful social and economic participation and to assist individuals and families reach their potential.
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Government and Member Relations Coordinator via Pro Bono Australia.