About the role
The QVWC’s Finance Manager is a qualified accountant and member of a certified accounting body who is responsible for accounting and financial compliance. The role is an
important member of a small team which manages the QVWC’s operations and therefore requires someone committed to the organisation’s values and who is prepared to pitch in to
About the organisation
The Queen Victoria Women’s Centre Trust was established under the Queen Victoria Women’s Centre Trust Act 1994 to govern the QVWC, and acts as a statutory authority consistent with the meaning of ‘public body’ in section 3 of the Financial Management Act 1994. The Trust comprises up to 12 members, appointed by the Governor-in-Council on the recommendation of the Minister for Women’s Affairs, to fulfil the following obligations as prescribed by the enabling Act:
- Manage the Queen Victoria Women’s Centre Trust land and use it for the purposes of a facility known as the Queen Victoria Women’s Centre.
- Provide, on the Queen Victoria Women’s Centre Trust land, services and facilities for women including health information services, rest and meeting rooms, and other services and facilities.
- Provide information in relation to the services and facilities provided by the QVWC.
- Provide for the management, operation, use and promotion of the QVWC.
- Provide for the efficient financial management of the Queen Victoria Women’s Trust land and building and seek funding for the QVWC.
- Undertake any other functions that are conferred on the Queen Victoria Women’s Centre Trust by the Act.
The Trust is a not-for-profit organisation with charitable status. Trustees meet on a regular basis to fulfil the QVWC’s strategic directions, policies and philosophy.
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Finance Manager via Pro Bono Australia.