About the role
- Management Experience in Either Aged Care, Health, Private Hospitals or Residential Accommodation
- Knowledge of NDIS Practice Excellence and Disability Sector Legislation
- A Passion for Not for Profit and Person-Centric Community Services
At the heart of this person-centric community services organisation is an absolute mission to provide support, skills development and life experience opportunities to people with a disability. Key to this is accommodation services helping people with a disability who want to live independently by providing flexible options for living arrangements and tailoring support to match the customer’s and family/carer’s needs.
A new role has been created to build this portfolio as a centre of expertise in disability accommodation services with responsibility for over 150 sites throughout Queensland. The role of General Manager – Home will provide strategic leadership of the portfolio, customers and staff aligning to and in support of the organisation’s mission, purpose, values and strategy.
Reporting to the Executive General Manager – Service Delivery, this role will work with a peer group of General Managers to lead a wide portfolio of services for people with a disability.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Ensure a culture of safety, respect and dignity
- Drive a culture of person-centred practice that puts the customer at the heart of decision making which includes the contribution of families, carers, guardians and other key individuals in a person’s life
- Ensure operational viability through the successful management of finances including developing financial capability with team leaders
- Encourage innovative and integrated approaches to improving the quality of service and streamlining of work processes
- Demonstrate transformational change leadership encouraging continual and creative improvement
- Develop budgets in collaboration with subject matter experts aligned to organisational strategy, market needs and operational planning
- Develop frameworks to ensure excellence in providing consistent high-level quality care
To be successful you will be a values-driven leader with significant experience in safety excellence, governance, quality, compliance and commitment to a person-centred service delivery model. You will demonstrate an ability to coordinate projects and delegate activities to meet outcomes within required timeframes. You achieve solutions for complex problems and are able to analyse productivity trends or data to drive decision making. Essential is previous experience in leading a complex operation to meet commercial outcomes and experience in managing successful, engaged and high performing teams within a residential care environment.
Knowledge of NDIS practice excellence and legislation associated with the disability sector is required. You will have a strong commercial and risk management focus and exceptional quality of care standards.
Tertiary qualifications or equivalent in Business or Community Services and experience in either corporate aged care, health and residential care for not for profit sectors is required.
Embarking on a significant and market leading transformation, our client is offering the opportunity for an incredible leader to make their mark on this very important sector. You can be located in Brisbane or Rockhampton and relocation will be considered. Significant travel is required throughout Queensland.
For a confidential discussion about this rewarding leadership opportunity or to request a Position Description contact Robyn Titmus or Leanne Henry at OnTalent on 07 3305 5800. Applications should include a two-page cover letter and current resume in Word format and be submitted through Seek.
About the organisation
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: General Manager – Home via Pro Bono Australia.