About the role
- Be part of Australia’s most trusted charity
- Lead a team working with Corporate Australia to change the lives of Australian children
- Sydney, Melbourne or Brisbane based
The Smith Family is a national, independent children’s charity helping disadvantaged Australians to get the most out of their education, so they can create better futures for themselves. We are seeking a National Manager, Corporate Partnerships to join and lead our national team.
Reporting to the Head of Strategy and Philanthropy and working with a dedicated and passionate team, this leadership role will retain and grow long-term high value shared value partnerships with corporate Australia. You’ll provide senior representation with prospective and existing partners to support Business Development Managers and Relationship Managers to achieve agreed individual and team income targets contributing to The Smith Family’s vision.
We are looking for an experienced leader, someone who brings a solid blend of people leadership, strategy and corporate engagement to continue building on our success. You will have gained your experience within the not-for-profit sector and bring a deep knowledge of the sector along with a solid expertise of developing long term sustainable relationships with Corporate Australia
A day in the life of a National Manager, Corporate Partnerships might look like this, but every day can be different. Primarily, you will be responsible for the:
- Implementation of the Corporate Partnerships strategy
- Development and implementation of effective processes for the Corporate Partnerships function, including reporting, acquittals, budgeting, business development pipeline and partnership management
- People management of Corporate Partnerships team
- Analysis of corporate partners and market data to identify opportunities
- Supporting the Business Development team to develop a strong pipeline of prospective corporates
- Supporting the Relationship Management team to retain and grow a portfolio of corporate partners
- Oversight of prospecting plans, proposals and acquittals developed by the Business Development and Relationship Managers
- Proactively building relationships and collaborating with other teams and key internal stakeholders
It takes a special kind of person to be our National Manager, Corporate Partnerships. Our successful candidate will bring the following:
- Tertiary qualifications in relevant discipline and/or demonstrable transferable skills in a similar or related role
- Five+ years of fundraising experience in the NFP sector
- Proven record of meeting and exceeding financial targets by attracting new corporate partners, and stewarding and growing existing partners
- Experience in pitching and presenting to corporates
- Experience leading high performance teams
- Outstanding persuasive ability and influencing skills
- Excellent relationship building and management skills
- Exceptional presenter and communicator
- Broad-based knowledge of best practices in various facets of partnership management and business development
Living up to our employment promise, our team members tell us that working for The Smith Family they have great job flexibility and the ability to work alongside committed, passionate and professional team members whilst engaging in challenging, fulfilling and diverse work. In turn, our team members believe that they offer commitment to our vision, mission and values and effective collaboration with fellow team members to delivery strong performance outcomes.
If you are passionate about what you do, committed to make a difference and this sounds like your next role, we’d love to hear from you. Please contact Lee Grewal today by sending your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date: Tuesday 23 April 2019
Due to the nature of this role, the successful candidate must be prepared to undertake a National Police Check and a Working with Children’s Check. We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to principles of cultural diversity. Applications from people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent are encouraged.
About the organisation
How to apply
Please quote in application: National Manager, Corporate Partnerships via Pro Bono Australia.