About the role
Reporting to the National Program Director and working closely with a passionate and dedicated Senior Program Manager and his team, the Engagement and Communications Officer will play an integral role in the marketing, communications and stakeholder engagement for this critical health program. This is a fast moving, inclusive and diverse team and you will be responsible for undertaking a range of communication and stakeholder engagement initiatives and projects.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Implement and execute the communications strategy for the National Health Program
- Create and manage high quality written content for marketing material and digital channels
- Manage all social media content and communication
- Assist with the preparation of some routine marketing collateral (the ability to do some basic graphic design will be well regarded)
- Coordinate all stakeholder and community engagement events – information sessions, forums, meetings
Skills & Experience required
- You will have exemplary interpersonal and communications skills with the ability to develop and maintain conducive relationships with all internal and external stakeholders
- You will have a talent and passion for the written word and have demonstrated experience in various forms of writing
- The ability to work in a fast paced and sometimes reactive environment and work with a range of people and work styles which support an inclusive team culture
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple communications initiatives
- The ability to think strategically and execute in a well-planned manner
Benefits & Culture
This is a unique and challenging opportunity to put your stamp on a large-scale and high profile health and education initiative in which the impact of deliverables will contribute to improving the support to children across Australia with type 1 diabetes. Additional benefits include:
- Attractive salary on offer with salary sacrificing benefits
- Strategic and operational role
- Working with a high profile, well regarded, Not-for-Profit organisation
- Contributing to a team of industry experts and like-minded, passionate individuals
About the organisation
This organisation is a Not-for-Profit national body dedicated to improving the lives of people living with, or at risk of disease through the provision of education, advice, ongoing support and advocacy for its members and wider community. It is a credible source of information for the public, and it turns knowledge and evidence into advocacy and programs for the Australian community.
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Communications and Engagement Officer via Pro Bono Australia.