About the Role
Executive Director Government & Public Affairs
Aged & Community Services Australia (ACSA) is the leading peak body supporting church, charitable and community-based not-for-profit organisations that provide accommodation and care services to older Australians.
ACSA is at the forefront representing, leading and supporting members to achieve excellence in providing quality services for older Australians. This is an exciting time to be joining ACSA!
About the role
Reporting to the CEO you will be part of the Executive Leadership Team, creating a new portfolio encompassing communication functions, public advocacy and strategic policy development. It will be the key contact point on the Royal Commission into Aged Care Quality & Safety.
This is a significant leadership role in the national peak body for the aged care industry.
This will include:
- Development and execution of all ACSA communications
- Development and execution of media strategies (industry, social and mainstream media)
- Development and delivery of a State & Federal Government Relations Program
- Management of strategic proactive development on aged care and related areas (for example the health/aged care interface)
On occasion, this role may act as ACSA spokesperson and/or provide background briefing to media outlets on request by the ACSA CEO.
The location of the position is subject to negotiation.
Competitive salary offered plus salary sacrificing options.
- A well-rounded and highly experienced government and public affairs professional, with expertise in marketing and communications
- A consultative leader able to work cross-functionally
- Possessing outstanding stakeholder relationship management skills
- Exceptional written and oral communication and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated leadership skills including an ability to build resilient, effective teams
- Ability to engage constructively with key stakeholders; including members, political representatives, and senior personnel from government and non-government organisations
- Ability to work with limited supervision, managing time and tasks efficiently
- Ability to develop and manage budgets
You will hold:
- Relevant graduate and post graduate tertiary qualifications or equivalent experience
- A solid record of experience and achievement as a Senior Manager/Executive
- A strong track record in people leadership and management that values and empowers
- Knowledge and experience of strategic planning, policy development, Government relations, public affairs, and marketing and communications
- Capacity to negotiate and represent industry and member interests in the public domain, media, Government and Parliamentary environment with stakeholders
- Computer literacy
- Police clearance
For further information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
About the Organisation
Apply for this Job
For details concerning this role, please contact
Phone : 0419361547
Email : email@example.com
Please quote in application: Executive Director Government & Public Affairs via Pro Bono Australia.